Stressed, hurting, forgeting to pay bills :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I am not sure what is going on, but my FM is really flaring up this month, which is not unusual for Januray in Cleveland Ohio. I came into work late 3 times in the past 2 weeks, I am usually right on time (never early), but not late.

Where I work, if you are just one minute late, you get points that can add up and be negative on your upcoming review. I am hurting more, am more forgetful and just plain miserable.

This morning, I just wimpered trying to get my achy body out of bed. I have been having some gyno problems for which I have an appointment with the doctor in about 10 days.

I also had to cancel my appointment with a new rheumy this past Thursday because I really felt like crap, which means I should have gone, but I just couldn't get up the energy.

I have forgotton to pay a few bills. I live with my mother and I have to do all her bills as well as mine, and I think with the Christmas season, cold weather, flaring up, I have all but forgot to pay these bills, which I usually never do.

When I get home from work (I work in a hospital, can be very stressful). I don't want to talk about anything with my mom, I don't want to listen to anything, I just want to get on the couch and literally just stare at the TV. Yesterday was the worst, I just cried, but I didn't cry for took too much energy to do.

I had to reschedule my doctor appointment. This particular rheumy I got from the "good doctor list", well, he was booked until middle summer time!!!! I couldn't believe it, I had to cancel because I just couldn't make it, then the receptionist told me he was in such high demand, that I couldn't see him unitl summer, I was speechless, he can't be that good, LOL.

Anyway, I told her that I could come in at any time of the day, but to please help me out and try to get me in at least March? I did feel awful I had to cancel, I think the receptionist felt really bad for me and squeezed me in for March. She told me he is in high demand.

Anyway, I will spend another weekend lounging around the house after working a 40 hour week, BUT, laundry has to get done, errands have to be done, I have to take my mom a few places, the house needs to get cleaned...............and I have to look and see what other "bills" I have not paid and get them paid. My bank account is a little low, like the rest of me. Just needed to vent a little. Hugs to all, Chelz.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Would it be financially feasible to take some time off. Before I went on disability I took a leave of absence under the family leave act which guarantees your job will be there when you get back. You do have to have a doctor's note.

I have done the same thing cancelling doctor appointments because I was too exhausted to go. I even cancelled my first sleep study last spring. Now that is pitiful and if I had gone then it would have helped my exhaustion.

Something that helps me remember bills is that the calendar on my computer can be programed to send me an email several days before a bill is due. I have most of my bills either automatically taken out of my banking account or pay online, which really helps.

Can you get on a cancellation list with the new rheumy? My wonderful PCP moved and I could not see the new doctor for a new patient appointment until June. However, I was able to see the nurse practitioner as I needed to get some refills and scheduled bloodwork done.

So sorry you aren't feeling well. This winter has been particularly brutal.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

[This Message was Edited on 01/28/2011]