STRESSED OUT hubby sick has diebetes and I have a sore throat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jun 20, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Ok I feel like death warmed over. My husband woke me up early this morning telling me that I was SNORRING AND TO STOP IT NOW !!!! And the next thing I knew he was running up the steps to throw up and had dierrea{SP} . He has been this sick all day long and he still is. To my knowledge he has not eaten a thing and the only thing that he has been drinking was Diet Dr. Pepper and a little bit of H2o {water}.
    He is past white and is so pasty and feels hot to the touch and will not let me call a doctor and I don't haev the stregnth to phycially take him to the ER when I know that he needs to go.
    He is dehrydrated and it is worrying me. And with all that I have the fibro , CMP and the chonic pain issues his refusal to see some one is making me insane and only makes me ache worse and now my throat is hurting too.
    I don't know what to do with him. I am scared spitless that he is so sick and that he needs to be admitted to the hospital for this. And he will not go . I guess that if he gets wrose and I can't wake him up then I can call the 911 and get him some help and then deal with the angry husband that I will have for because I had him taken to the ER by the ambouance. But I don't see that I have any choice. I don't want him to go in to a diebetic shock.

And of course I am aching and don't feel so great. I am tired and I want to cry. I am so scared and don't know how to cope with this situation. I know that he is the most stobbern man I have ever met and always has been. But I didn't think that his being sick would send me in to a FLARE which it is doing right now. I am hurting so much and my joints are burning, I ache all over and I just don't feel good. I just hurt all over my body and then I look at him and I know that he is hurting too and that there is not a darn thing that i can do for him and that scare's me which only makes me feel worse.

The more I worry about him and all the complactions that could happen to night the worse I feel. I hurt so much emotinally like it hurts my heart. Not the phyical heart but the emotional one. I hurt for him and as it is I hurt all the time and this is just making me ache and feel worse and worse. I am tired , aching and feel crappy all over . MY muscles are aching ,as are each or my joints, and my back is hurting and if you asked me to rate my pain levels. It would be at a 10+++. And then add to the emotional pain is just as high or higher. I am worried sick and that is making me sick I think?

How is it that I know when i need to see a doctor and this stubbern man I have been married to for 25 years will not go to a doctor or the ER and he knows that he should but NO I won't go. is all that I get.

I should have known that I would feel like this today. AS he has been like this all the years that we have been married. And I know that it would take several Large men to get him to the ER and then when he came too I would be in deep s*& as he does not want to be there and I should not have done something that he would not do him self. What do I do? If he gets wrose and starts getting sicker what do I do? Do I take him to the ER and risk his anger or do I just let him stay where he is and wait it out? I don't know what to do any more. I am frightened as he is a diebetic and does not follow his diet very well and with his being sick his insluin will be out of whcak and I don't know how to help him when he woun't let me.

Any one know what I should do ? Anyhelp is welcome
    Signed .
    A very frightened wife, sick with worry,
    Rosemarie
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

...have you checked his sugar?

when indoubt just call 911...

good luck

jodie
  3. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i agree with the other posts here. if he is doing so poorly just call 911 and have the paramedics come out, at the very least they can eveluate him and give you some support by helping to convince him to go to the hospital. you don't want to let things go to long without medical attention. even though he is stubborn and maybe angry with you i think you need to do what is really in his best interest.
    i hope this helps.
    rachel
  4. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

Wow, as a diabetic myself, I know that those snappy mood swings usually mean one thing...low blood sugar. And if he is having V&D as well, no doubt, he is bound to get dehydrated, if he is not already.

You cannot be responsible for a diabetic taking care of themselves. Even if you were well, they must assume that responsibility on their own. Heck, I live in a house with a husband and two sons who eat junk all the day long. I know I can't, so I don't.

But another thing is that is he is not listening to you and it sounds as if his thought process is temprarily impaired, then you can't even get him still long enough to check blood suagrs. People can be a wee bit dangerous when this occurs, so just very quietly slip into a room where he cannot hear you and call 911! And please, please take care of yourself and keep us posted!