Stressful week, SS Disability wait is eating at me...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joannie1, Apr 27, 2003.

1. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I have had too much happening lately. We lost my Grampa this week. he had a stroke on Easter and died in the early morning on Monday. I am still trying to rest up and catch up on the much needed sleep I have not had from all the stress.
    For you that have been through this disability thing I am going absolutely in sane I think from it. i applied in January and they have requested questionaires from many people. My Mom, my old Boss and Doctors'. Along with all my med records. I seen their shrink Doc in March and I called a week and a half ago to see where the claim was and how much longer it may be. It is being processed and is all with their Doctors' for opinions on my Disability. The claims guy who has my case said it was be at the very lastest mid May. Does this seem to be hopeful for me or not with the length and with so much info being requested in you all's opinion? This is my second go round with Disability and I don't ever recall it taking this long or being so extensive. I always had my "DENIALS" within two to two and a half months. I am just curious if this may be a good thing or if it is probably a bad sign. i don't know and I feel like I am going absolutely crazy from the wait here. i need this so much it is not even funny.
    Thanks for your opinions I really need them right now.
    Love,
    Joannie
  2. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

So sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know that was added stress for you.

As far as the disability goes, I know how you feel. I applied last April and am just now going to the doc and psychologist. The physical is tomorrow and I am totally stressed about it. My psychologist is on Tuesday which makes me double stressed. This is my first round though so I can't compare any times to yours as this is your second round. I wish you the best though, and hang tough. What choice do you have? :)

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

I hope you get your SSD without a hearing, but I have been in the process for more than two years. My hearing got postponed five months ago and I've heard nothing since. I am going to call them next week. It can be a very long and drawn out process depending on where you live and who reviews your case. Good luck and don't stress about SSD because you can only do so much about it.

Love, Mikie
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Joannie, I'm sorry about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. I've never applied for disability, but I know what it is to wait on pins and needles. I hope you get a positive answer soon!

Annettew
  5. Dara

Dara New Member

That's a hard thing to deal with, I know.

I am waiting to hear from SSD to see if I have to have a hearing in front of the ALJ. I started filing back in either late 2001 or very early of 2002. I've been denied twice, and this is the third step. I know how extremely frustrating all the waiting is. You wish you could light a fire under someone's you know what, but our hands are tied. I can't understand how it is that they are allowed to take so long. I would keep calling and checking on the status. I did that once and what I found out was that my application was sitting on someone's desk, who was on vacation!! Just don't give up, that's what they want us all to do. Do you have a lawyer? If you do, I hope he's a good one. As far as I'm concerned my Lawyer is totally useless. I'm the one who has done all the paperwork and the research. Ninety percent of the time he's not even in his office. I was waiting for a very important part of my medical records to arrive, they sent them to him. He insisted he didn't have them. Well, his office staff finally found what we were waiting for, it had been there for over five weeks sitting at the bottom of a stack of papers. Just keep bugging everyone, they'll get tired of hearing from you & maybe speed up the process.

Dara
  6. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I appreciate all your kind words. i was "very" hard on me but I am okay.
    I am so tired of fighting this SS Disability crap it is making me go nuts i swear. I keep hoping for the best but yet I swear that they sit here and make you wait like this to see if they can drive you absolutely to your breaking point. As if we don't have enough to deal with already right.
    Thank you for your replies.
    Hugs,
    Joannie
  7. peachy

peachy New Member

I filed originally December 2001. Turned down twice and went to a Judge hearing. He approved it to go back to August 15th of 2001. But get this It's based on migraines, allergice rhinitis, depression and anxiety. The symptoms of FM are mentioned but not the actual word. BTW I live in S/E Georgia.

It takes time and lots and lots of prayers.