Stressing but wanted to say 'hi' to all!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tattoopixie, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Just wanted to let you all know I am still alive. Have not had much of a chance to read or post as my older son had surgery on Monday to remove his evil alien octopus (pilonidal cyst) from his lower back. It is an 'open wound' healing which means I get to pack the icky thing 2x a day w/wet gauze-ewwww! Needless to say, I have been a little stressed out by this (am always amazed that my poor kid can stand to have this done to him!). I can feel my adrenaline rushing through my body when we are done & I have to just sit & breathe.

My wonderful pain-free time has left the building & am starting to flare again. Do not have any pain meds other than new narcotics that MAY make me nauseous & afraid to take them as must be able to function for my kids. Tried starting klonopin for sleep, but 1st time I took 1 I slept 15hrs straight & it scared the poop outta my kids (thought I was dead- though guess I have turn color before they call someone-hee hee!). The 2nd time I tried it I got WIRED UP- my 11yr old was begging me to shut up so he could go to sleep & I was the enegizer bunny! So am just waiting for exhaustion to kick my butt so I can get some sleep.

Oh & have new fun back pain! Also have swelling in legs, feet & face. Ain't life grand?

Did remember to send SSDI my reconsideration request- where are the rest of you all who are on the same step???
  2. bejo

bejo New Member

No wonder you're stressed.I don't know how some of you manage to raise kids with all that goes with fibro.My hat goes off to all of you young mothers.(((((()))))) bejo