Stressing out over taxes...Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kriket, Feb 7, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

OMG. It is that time of the year. I did not pay in anything and I know that what I'm gonna owe is gonna be a staggering amount that I really don't have.

I have been so worked up about going and getting them done, for fear of what I am going to owe. I may have to file an extension. I can tell that I am slowly going into a long flare. I hate taxes.

2. kriket

kriket New Member

yea. I know all about the penalty and interest thing. Been there done that too. That's why I'm so stressed. It's not easy either way you go!!!!

I will "try" and not worry so much, but like you said easier said than done.

I'll just be glad when they are all figured and most of all PAID!!!!!!!!

3. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

Wow I just realized there is an advantage to being unemployed!

My husband has always done the taxes anyway.

Try not to stress too much.

[This Message was Edited on 02/08/2007]
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Have someone do them for you. The money it costs will come back to you in peace of mind and savings on seeing a shrink.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

If I wasn't married, I'd take it to someone else.

Then again maybe not, as our taxes are more complicated than most because of various endeavors of his, LOL.

And/but even tho he does them, it is stressful for me too:

Firstly because he does stress out just from trying to get everything in order and it can't help but impact me too;

Secondly, there is always something missing or forms needed... and it is my job to request/find the missing info or print out the forms.

Taxes were never meant to be this way!

You have all my sympathy, Kriket, and everyone else who has to deal with it firsthand!

6. kriket

kriket New Member

I always take my taxes to someone and let them figure them. That's not the part that stress me, it's what I'm gonna owe and where am I gonna come up with it!!!!!!

I have no insurance and spend a lot of my income on prescriptions and doc. visits, yet I don't spend enough according to the I.R.S. to take any of it off.

Oh yea. I'm self employed too, so I pay more taxes than people that work for someone else. I have to pay self-employment taxes-plus medicare and so forth.