Structure pillow? anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I just got one and I don't notice it being anything fantastic.

Maybe the hump is a bit higher than what I need. My other old cervical pillow is a bit too LOW.

Or maybe it just takes awhile to adjust to a new pillow?

This pillow sells locally for $100!!! [Cdn]

It is a memory foam type.

I'm wondering if I should try a therma? forget what they are called, oh ya TEMPUR pillow, they are about $120.

Thanks for input.

J.
  2. paula45

paula45 New Member

that I got through QVC and the cost is about 30.00. It's visco-elastic memory foam and there are two different sized "humps" on either side. It's very comfortable most of the time (I have terrible neck problems and sometimes still use my cushy feather pillow). My hubby liked my pillow, so I got him one also (I'm sure it lessens his snoring...so it's worth any cost *S*). The good thing about QVC is that you can use it for 30 days and send it back if you don't like it. You can go to their website and do a search for bodipedic pillow. I'm sorry I don't have the number in front of me, but can find it if you want. Good luck.
    Paula
  3. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

Haven't heard of the structure pillow.

With the tempura-pedic pillow you have like a 60 or 90 day money back. If you get it from a store...say brookstone it's a 30 of 60 day trial. You don't like it they take it back.

As far as the hump goes it should be measured by your height. The shorter you are the smaller the hump...the taller the larger the hump.

I got my free wool pillow with my cuddle ewe and love it. It looks like a regular pillow, but a little thick. I have cervical and lumbar radiculopathy. I have a lot of pain in my neck right now. I just found all this out about a month and a half ago. This pillow has helped a lot.

Hope you find one right for you!
    Tammy
  4. Jen F

Jen F New Member

wow, $30 from QVC???

I just looked on their website and I see 2 pillows that look like the structure one that I have, but they don't call them STructure.

How do you know yours is a Structure?

Did it come in a zippered plastic covering with a plasticy paper insert saying STRUCTURE?

I just chatted with QVC to see if items shipped to Canada. they say some items are.

Thanks so much for passing this info along to me!

J.

5. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I have a visco-elastic memory foam pillow with two humps (one higher and one lower). I like it very much--so much that after I got it, I bought a memory foam topper to put over the mattress of my bed.

I sent away for the Tempur-Pedic information and sample out of curiosity, and it seems to me it is the same visco-elastic material. I bought my pillow on sale at Macy's with a discount coupon and wound up paying $36 (normally $65, as I recall). This was Macy's own brand. But I think Costco sells a memory foam pillow for something like $26. It may be available through the Costco web site, but I know I have seen in in our local Costco store, too. I never saw the topper in our Costco store, but we bought it online for under $170, including shipping.

By the way, the box with my pillow says you should use the lower hump when you lie on your back, the higher hump when you lie on your side, and if you lie on your stomach (not recommended because it's likely to cause back problems), turn the pillow over and use the flat side. Lately, I find I can lie on my side for a while, roll over onto my back using the higher hump and be comfortable that way for a while, too. But if I start to feel any neck strain at all, I just turn the pillow around so that I can use the lower hump while I'm on my back.

--Laura R.M.
  6. paula45

paula45 New Member

Sorry...it's not a "Structure" brand. I've never heard of that one; but the Bodipedic that I have sounds like the same type of pillow. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Maybe the Bodipedic is worth a try. Here's the item#:

H79319 Bodipedic Memory Foam Contour Bed Pillow with Cover

Hugs
    Paula
    [This Message was Edited on 07/11/2003]
  7. Jen F

Jen F New Member

One of the biopedic pillows was on back order -- seems to be very popular item.

But there were two very similar and I'm not sure about the other.

For now, since I have the Structure pillow which does look exactly like the biopedic one in the picture, white cover and everything [did yours come with a soft thin velour-like cover?] I will give it a week or two to see what I think. But if I dont' like it I will be very disappointed. It sells at reg price for $100. Mind you, it is overpriced.

Thanks for the info, let me know if you got a soft white velour cover.

Jen
  8. paula45

paula45 New Member

white velour cover. Does your pillow have two diffeent size "rolls" on each side? I find it has a better "fit" than others I've tried. If the product is on "waitlist" at QVC, you can go ahead and order it and they will send and bill you when it gets back in stock. I guess they could be the same pillow marketed under different names. I dunno...good luck in you search for comfort.
    Paula
  9. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I really agree with PACKMAN's advice. You do get what you pay for. The few dollars more are worth it if it works for you. Anything that is going to help peoples well being is not usually cheap. The companies know we need the products too bad.

Good luck on whatever you try.

Tammy
  10. sofy

sofy New Member

I never bought a good one but several years got a memory foam pillow at at a discount store that sells left over dept store goods. It was only about 25 but when i put my head on it it went flat. It bounced right back up but I couldnt see the point of having something that went away when used. I took it back. Never did try a more expensive one. Did try the Brookstone one in the store and thougt it wasnt much different.
  11. paula45

paula45 New Member

It's totally up to you, but just wanted to let you know that our pillows are great and I feel are very good quality. My neck is very hard to please. Good luck in your search.
    Paula
  12. jka

jka New Member

i have one i got from my chiroprator that has a lower side and a higher side.it cost
  13. jka

jka New Member

i have one i got from my chiroprator that has a lower side and a higher side.it cost $25.i love it.

kathy c
  14. Jen F

Jen F New Member

This structure pillow sells locally for $100!!!

But, the tempra pillows ARE even more, about $120 and maybe well worth the difference. The other thing is these pillows come in diff sizes, and I think I have a hump that is too big, in addition to not feeling any miraculous comfort from the memory foam.

Oh well, I'll decide over next 2 weeks what I will do and if anything can be exchanged or whether to make new purchases or not.

thanks for everyone's input.

J.