Struggle with poor memory? Also, one of my poems!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimelia, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Just wondering if others feel like I do. I feel like an idiot sometimes. It's hard to remember a word I was about to say. Then there are the endless clouds that float in my head that I have to maneuver through to get a complete sentence out sometimes. Or to forget what you were saying to someone and end up with a blank look on your face, that's the worst, lol. It's hard to go through daily life dealing with this. I wonder if others think I'm blond, then I know the answer to that question since I wonder about myself. I just want to say to them, I'm really not an idiot! :( It's my brain, really. It's this darn illness! Argh. Just gotta laugh I guess :D

I write and am working on a couple of books, write a lot of poetry, etc.... I havn't been published though I have had a couple of offers on my poetry to be published. I ponder sometimes about how I can get anything out that makes sense with this foggy brain of mine. Sometimes I think, what if halfway through the book I loose focus and forget what I was trying to say, haha. That has not happened yet but with the struggle to complete a sentence or even just get the right word out when I'm talking how can I write a book that people can comprehend. Somehow though, I know that I have a God given talent and I will continue to pursue it.

Here is a poem I wrote end of last year. A company wanted to publish it. Please do not copy or use it, as it is copywritten.

"One"

Spirit that can't be harnessed, untamable wild, and free,

No reigns of mere mortal power can withold thee,

Riding bareback of the clouds no saddle doth she need,

When the waters rise..she rides into the wings of the wind,

The pale reflection of death comes & stares her in the face,

Longing to through her eyes.. her heart embrace,

Sink his dagger like teeth in to smother and rip to shreds,

A white knight comes to steal what death came to claim,

Sparking a split second glance and a sacred romance,

They dive in and take a foolish chance,

Deciding forever will it last,

Unexpectedly death comes back to command what is his,

A vow, promise she makes & her word serious does she take,

So their moment in time does she choose to stay,

Yet move on and live each day,

Keep the fire in her eyes alive-his love to fan her flame,

To ride the wild horses & whisper to the wind,

Sing a soft song that from her heart is in,

Live each day as an endless surprise-keep their dream alive,

Kiss of brief immortality as her heart beats two through one.

Copywrite 2005

2. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

I love your poem! You are a talented writer! Try not to be hard on yourself for your memory problems. The fact that you can write so well shows that your mind does work well at times!

I, too, have days when I am talking and suddenly can't think of a word or can't think what something is called. It is very frustrating, but I have learned to live with it. I have done some things to help myself remember things like keeping a large calendar in my kitchen and writing down appts. or other things I need to remember. I have trained myself to check it several times a day.

I find that my mind is not as good when I am in more pain or really tired, which makes sense.

Ellen

P.S. Good luck with the writing! Hope you can get something published!
  3. Kimelia

Kimelia New Member

Thanks for the input ladies. Great ideas! I just got a huge calendar for my kitchen and I'm definately going to take your advice :)

Your words are very encouraging concerning my writing. Thanks! Who knows what will happen with it, but if nothing else it just feels so good to sit down and put things on paper. I'm blessed to have such an outlet. To me it's like taking a hot bath or soemthing we do to pamper ourselves. Though most of the time lately I'm too tired after working to sit in a chair to write or "think" so it's been suffering. I hope that will change in the next month or so.

I have been thinking how nice it would be to have a devotional with specific inspirationals and scriptures for people who struggle with debililtating illnesses like us. I know some days that I need something extra to help me make it through. A lot of those days it's coming here to learn about you all though I don't always reply. To see your strength and your humanity and struggles similiar to mine.[This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/03/2006]