Stupid Post that Started this....So very Sorry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Oct 18, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

sick and tired all the time. Youngest son just brought home midterm grades. He's failing, AGAIN. This is the second round in 6th grade. I just can't stand it. I've only been in his life for 2 years, so his habits were already formed by the time I got here, but I am so tired of trying.

His dad has just "bowed" out, especially since he's been told that this child is so much better than he used to be. I had to start from the bottom, like how to eat with your mouth closed! I just can't take much more!

His dad is out of town. We are getting ready to move. He does come home every third weekend (yippy). But, he just sits infront of the TV while he's here. Son skirts around me and the house rules, cuz he knows that dad let's him do whatever he wants to. So, after he leaves, I have all week to undo this! GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR.

Hubby is remodeling the house we are going to go live in. He is making ALL the decisions on this. I told him that I atleast wanted to pick out the carpet and tile. His response was, "Well, if you want to". I have tried to talk to him about stuff that really bothers me, but he just won't listen. He doesn't understand about the DD.

I have Fibro, Depression, Anxiety attacks, Sciatica nerve pain in the right posterior and NO DESIRE TO DO ANYTHING BUT STAY IN BED! I have even BEGGED him just to hug me! I need to quit. I have been in severe pain for the last three days. Tired of taking meds too! I'm on Zoloft, Soma, Zanaflex, Fironol (?), Restaril (which I don't like to take since I'm a "single parent" right now) and Vicodin. Gee, wonder if there's anything else I can take?????

Sat and cried tonite because of this "wonderful" life I live. I'm 44 years old and really too old to try and start all over again. Not too sure I can find work anymore or if I could EVEN do it, if I could.

Moving WILL put me close to my inlaws, which is good. We get along GREAT! And I am way far away from any family or friends.

Well, thanks for letting me vent. I'm tired of beating my head against the wall. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't have to work (of course, I have to beg for my grocery money) and he carries insurance on me, I would just walk out the door now. But....I can't leave my youngun'. I know that a lot of you won't understand that, since he's really not my blood, but to me it doesn't matter. A MOM just doesn't walk out. I may jump off the refridgerator tomorrow, but, by Gosh, atleast I didn't walk! =)

Hugs to all of you. Thanks for taking time to "listen" and sorry for such a long post.

Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2002]
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

sick and tired all the time. Youngest son just brought home midterm grades. He's failing, AGAIN. This is the second round in 6th grade. I just can't stand it. I've only been in his life for 2 years, so his habits were already formed by the time I got here, but I am so tired of trying.

His dad has just "bowed" out, especially since he's been told that this child is so much better than he used to be. I had to start from the bottom, like how to eat with your mouth closed! I just can't take much more!

His dad is out of town. We are getting ready to move. He does come home every third weekend (yippy). But, he just sits infront of the TV while he's here. Son skirts around me and the house rules, cuz he knows that dad let's him do whatever he wants to. So, after he leaves, I have all week to undo this! GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR.

Hubby is remodeling the house we are going to go live in. He is making ALL the decisions on this. I told him that I atleast wanted to pick out the carpet and tile. His response was, "Well, if you want to". I have tried to talk to him about stuff that really bothers me, but he just won't listen. He doesn't understand about the DD.

I have Fibro, Depression, Anxiety attacks, Sciatica nerve pain in the right posterior and NO DESIRE TO DO ANYTHING BUT STAY IN BED! I have even BEGGED him just to hug me! I need to quit. I have been in severe pain for the last three days. Tired of taking meds too! I'm on Zoloft, Soma, Zanaflex, Fironol (?), Restaril (which I don't like to take since I'm a "single parent" right now) and Vicodin. Gee, wonder if there's anything else I can take?????

Sat and cried tonite because of this "wonderful" life I live. I'm 44 years old and really too old to try and start all over again. Not too sure I can find work anymore or if I could EVEN do it, if I could.

Moving WILL put me close to my inlaws, which is good. We get along GREAT! And I am way far away from any family or friends.

Well, thanks for letting me vent. I'm tired of beating my head against the wall. If it wasn't for the fact that I don't have to work (of course, I have to beg for my grocery money) and he carries insurance on me, I would just walk out the door now. But....I can't leave my youngun'. I know that a lot of you won't understand that, since he's really not my blood, but to me it doesn't matter. A MOM just doesn't walk out. I may jump off the refridgerator tomorrow, but, by Gosh, atleast I didn't walk! =)

Hugs to all of you. Thanks for taking time to "listen" and sorry for such a long post.

Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2002]
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I read another post, hit the back button to return to the main list of posts, closed my eyes....and muttered to myself..."just shoot me", from in front of the computer. My husband in the living room overheard me...and asked me what was wrong...I replied, "I am just sick of living with this sh#@*t! (fm/cfs) When I opened my eyes...here was your post at the top of the screen. Now I feel so bad...and petty...after reading your post! I am so sorry you are going through all of these family problems, and then to top it off, feeling so badly. I remembered your post about your son, not to long ago--and the love the two of you share, as reflected in his poem, to you. Hang on to that sweetie, that love is priceless. Ya know, with the 6th grader---how fortunate for him that you have come into his life. You still have lots of time to influence him--and I would be willing to bet, you have already impressed him with alot! Give yourself a pat (softly) on the back--you are the true definition of a mother! Hope tommorrow is sunnier for you, Kathy! P.S. it might be wise to avoid cleaning the top of the refrigerator for a few days *wink*, just kidding.
    Best Wishes,
    Karen
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Hugs to you Kathy,
    You`re in the almost same situation I was in a few years
    ok, except I had a stepdaughter not a son. She was fifteen when she came and lived with us. It was the hardest 3 years of my life. My husband was like yours and gave her no boundrys. My fibromyalgia was horrible and still is. I gained 50 pounds during that hard time between all the stress and the medication I was taking. Hang in there, things willget better. She is graduated now and own her own and now finally appreciates me and we get along again which is so nice. But more imporantmy husband and I are back on track and things are really good between us. Back then, I really wanted to leave too, and wandered how our marriage would survive all that. It did! Hang on, this to shall pass. Lots or love and hugs to you!!
  5. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Listen I live near 249 and Louetta, if you want to get away, you are welcome to come to my house or we could go sit in the mall! HAHA
    If you need any help with anything please email me, I will do my best to help you.

Cindy
    cpalance@houston.rr.com
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2002]
  6. marinemom

marinemom New Member

Don't say this if you don't mean it. You may just come home and find me hiding in your closet, refusing to come out!

Email me any time. marinema@aol.com

On the Subject line, put who you are, since I always just delete spam or if I'm in doubt, turn in what looks to be XXX rated stuff to AOL. It's worked pretty good. So far, it's cut down on THAT kind of junk!

Ever feel like just crawling under the bed and NEVER coming out? To bad I'd have to take the time to clean out the stuff under there. I guess I won't be doing that for a while! Did break down and actually moped the foyer and kitchen floor today! WooHoo.

I had a lady tell me one time, "I bet I could eat off your floors". I kinda looked at her and said, "Well, don't know why you would want to, but grab a fork, there's plenty down there!" =) I try to pick my friend more carefully now.

Hugs
    Kathy
  7. JCharity

JCharity New Member

I am so sorry to hear of all the problems you are having. It sure isn't easy to raise somebody else's child. I give you so much credit for "sticking it out" and not walking. Fibro alone is almost too much to handle by itself but with all the added stress you have it must be a lot worse. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need to talk, I am here. Hugz, Jenn
  8. marinemom

marinemom New Member

This is the STUPID post that started it all. I am truely sorry to have taken it out on so many wonderful people.

I need to learn to "keep a stiff upper lip" and just go with the flow I guess!

Kathy
  9. Thella

Thella New Member

do you have to learn to keep your mouth shut.
    If you feel neglected or left out. Tell us. Maybe someone has been not supportive. Through no fault of their own. If you can't ask for a bit of help from friends then they are not very good friends.
    Seems like they are all here now for you. Maybe everyone on the board needs to get the message that we are here for each other not everyone is here for me.
    I have noticed that lots of posts by new folks go down the page to oblivion a lot quicker than the established folks. It is sad because the new folks need more support to feel accepted here. I am wondering how long it takes to become one of the in crowd.
    Take care and have a good day.
    Oh yes I read your post about only having one stop light in town. We don't have any.
    thella

[ advertisement ]