Stupid, Stupid Peppergirl!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PepperGirl52, Sep 28, 2005.

1. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

Where do I start?? How do I count the ways???

I spent yesterday moving some boxes of books and things that I inherited from my mom (ie JUNK) in our extra room, so I could turn it into a craft room for me. Turned out nicely, actually....

Then, to top it off-gotta have a reward, right??? I ate a half a pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream before I went to bed! I know, I have an addiction in a BAD WAY, and I need to get a handle on that! It's usually just an ice cream cone or two a day, but hubby was gone AGAIN, and I was lonely!!

So....here I am at 2:30, dreaming of being in excruciating pain, waking up, realizing that I AM in excruciating pain!! DUH!!!!

When will I ever learn that moving stuff and eating junk do NOT mix??

Thus, the title to my thread. Thank you very much for indulging me. Now, I just have to hope that the ice pack on my lower back, the vicodin and zannaflex will kick in and I can get back to sleep eventually.............PG
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

my stomach was so bloated I looked like I was 20 months pregnant. Overdid it on two days of chocs and cake - was my birthday and I was going to enjoy it.

So I know exactly how you feel Peppergirl. I hardly slept for just like you,not that I sleep well in the first place but it was worse.

When will we ever learn. I suppose we cant help it, we so want to be normal and every now and then we try.

Hope you're feeling better today.

love
    Rosie
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

You had a good day, and did what I think we all have done at one time or another, Over Did, but it felt so Good at the time, ;o) right? :eek:)
    sorry your havein pain, hope you were able to get back to sleep and today will be nice one after all, so you can enjoy your Craft room.
    sharonk
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Hey ... you are NOT alone in those departments pepper ... I'm sure most of us have been naughty and paid big time .. I know I have ... it is just a wake up call to behave ourselves again .. for a while ... till we are dipping our toe into trouble again .. haha ... no joking about the pain .. that is a devil to deal with ... but .. just to make you laugh ... I added a haircut from hell to my list with that .. i was so fedup on sweating in the morning after my shower and having hair go LIMP .. I thought a super short cut might save my sanity .. i would post a picture for a giggle to break you guys up .. but it is that BAD ! haha
    This too will pass ! take care !
    Fudge : )
  5. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

...put the ice cream container on your back instead of the ice pack. This way you can still have it in the freezer.

However, you do have to bolt the lid to the container so you can't open it. I wonder if they make ice cream flavored baby pacifiers yet? I'd buy at least a dozen.

Maree
  6. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Now girl, please do not ever call your self stupid!!!

You would be upset if some one else called you stupid.

You just slipped up a bit.

I love icecream too and sometimes overindulge, it it spite of what comes after.

Last time I ate a quart in two days.

That kept me happy for awhile.

But, now just thinking about it is making me drool.

Anyway take it easy on yourself, no one is perfect and if ice cream is your only vice you are AOK.

Love Denamay
  7. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

you should of come an seen me, then you would of had a haircut from heaven!!1 ;0)
    Pepper,
    You'd think we would learn, eh? Maybe someday? Hope you feel better soon.
    Raz
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I have a bad habit when I goof, of calling myself outloud, "dummy me". Well, I need to break myself of it, because I'm not dumb and you aren't stupid.

Jeanne

*How bout get some healthier "Rice Dream" or similar icecream substitute from the health store, or grocer w/ a large health section? They aren't exactly the same, but pretty good, and you don't pay.

9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I got up with lots of ideas in my head that I wanted so badly to do - take things upstairs, get down and put up Halloween decorations, so many odds and ends.

When I went to choir rehearsal with my 2 pillows, it was raining. I got wet, and when I went home, it was worse. Allof me was wet. I took a hot shower and sat in recliner. The back of the chair hurt me so bad, my thighs hurt from pressure of chair as did the back of calves, my8 feet hurt, my hands and wrists hurt so bad I couldn't hold the magazine that I wanted to read. But how do you make anyone else understand that Pain????

I had my usual (here we go again!) dish of ice cream as my snack to take with RXs. I could hardly wait to get to bed and I couldn't get the pain to stop. My DH asked if I had had a bad day!!!! How do you explain that?

I finally got to sleep. Today I feel awful. I have had cataract surgery 3 weeks ago and my eyes don't function right.I had so many things I wanted to do and I did part of them. Bad

Enough of this venting. I guess we all have those days, don't we? But again, no one understands but all of you.

Take care, carefully eat your ice cream once in a while.

Gentle Hugs
  10. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Oh peppergirl:

You are not stupid honey, we all do things that we later regret but we are human and sometimes forget that we have a DD that will get us in the end if we overdue it.

I have done the same thing. The other day I went to the corner mini-mart. I needed milk and a few other things. Well I bought too much, especially the heavy 1 gallon of milk. I walked home which was just 1 long block. I thought I was going to DIE! My arms were falling apart. I had to keep stoping to put the milk on the ground. I was so mad at myself for doing this because I know that I can't. I got home exhausted in pain all over and I swore that I would never do that again and believe me I won't.

Feel better sweetie and know that we all do things that we shouldn't but that doesn't make us stupid, just overconfident.

Have a good and restful nite hon.

Many hugs,
    Francey