Stuttering?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rain122865, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

This is a new one for me it just comes out of the blue and I develop a stutter, I have never had a speech problem before but now on occasion I develop a stutter for a few hours or so then it just goes away? Is this normal with CFS/FM?
    Rain
  2. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

This is a new one for me it just comes out of the blue and I develop a stutter, I have never had a speech problem before but now on occasion I develop a stutter for a few hours or so then it just goes away? Is this normal with CFS/FM?
    Rain
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have not had a stutter problem, but have had an anxiety problem so bad, that I had problems just speaking at times.

I don't know if it was the Fibro that caused it, but it does not happen too often anymore.

I seem to have gotten a lot of help from magnesium in a lot of ways. I had even forgotten about that untill I saw the title of your post.

Shalom, Shirl

4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

A long time ago, when I first started taking antidepressants, I developed a stutter. It didn't last but it was a side effect of the meds. Check out your meds and talk to the pharmacist if you have questions.
  5. vloga

vloga New Member

Yes, stuttering is completely normal; as is forgetting everything, mixing up people's names and forgetting how to spell. It's just part of the fibro/CFS brain fog stuff.

Don't be afraid of it; just go with the flow. Lots of famous people stutter (eg King George V1), and it's quite a cute thing to do. I used to stutter as a kid, but therapy stopped that; now it's back from time to time. People just have to give me more time to get the words out. If they don't, they probably aren't worth bothering about anyway :)

Vloga
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I once was an articulate person---
    Now I stutter, use words in the wrong context, cannot find the appropriate word, or utter total gibberish. My only recourse is to laugh at the obsurdity of the things I spew out! It's a word game I call Fibro Scramble.
    Karen
  7. Rain122865

Rain122865 New Member

I am glad to know that I am not alone with this problem, but since it is new I am finding it very embarasing.....some days I feel like a complete idiot to start with from the fog and now I get to add a stutter to go with it. I will have to do like some of you said...just accept it learn to laugh it off, might take me a awhile to be able to do that, communication is very important for me in my daily life. Thank you again for your replies. And Shirl you said magnesium? I see so many people on here recomending different herbs ect. but I do not ever know what is safe to take with my other meds, it confuses me. I take Calan for my heart and ultram and vicoden for pain and valium for sleep and anxiety plus tylenol and advil. How do I know what will mix with these things I see alot of things I would like to try but just not sure what mixes.
    Thanks again Rain