Subliminal Messages

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Aug 17, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I had a tape I loved. It was called 'Angel's Song'. It was basically wind sounds with subliminal messages for relaxation.

I swear it worked for me and now am on the hunt for a good CD of the same sort.

Do you believe in subliminal messages?

nyrofan
  2. bluestanglady

bluestanglady New Member

.. I've heard that grocery stores do it all the time with their music.

B~~~
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Yes:

I remember that too. Supposedly department stores would use messages like 'spend more', 'buy more'.

It was in a book called 'Subliminal Seduction'. I read that book in the 1970s. I believe those messages were outlawed.

I would like to find a new CD like 'Angel Songs'.

It relaxed me so much. It was the wind and the ocean and subliminal messages of relaxation.

nyrofan
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

on subliminal messages.

Says there is no evidence they work.
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

sea-dove:

I am going to try an internet search for those. I suppose if I enter it in various ways it might pop up on google.

Thank you for the lead. In the meantime, if you remember the name, I would appreciate it if you let me know.

Thanks for the lead.

nyrofan
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

But I was reporting what Wikipedia said w/ regard to tests/experiments.

Happy to know they do good things for you.
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Seadove:

If I come up with a few names I will run them by you in a post.

I really appreciate your help.

And rock-gor:

The book 'Subiminal Seduction' showed ads also that had hidden pictures or 'impressions' on them. For example, you could see just the outline of a 'private part' in you looked real close.

And the advertisers did it purposely to sell by sex.

All true: the book-- 'Subliminal Seduction'.

Just if you are interested: that the subliminal messages are used in sight and sound.

The book is a shocker and was a wake up call to department stores who were banned from doing those things.

I would really love to find one for relaxation/pain.

nyrofan

8. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

who knows what kind of messages are actually being pounded in to your subconcious. Not for me!

Raz
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

I just bought a subliminal CD by SteveHalpern and he does have a website.

I checked prices and ordered from a place in Canada called Starlight. It was $13 and no shipping charges. On Amazon it was $12.98 plus shipping.

I read the reviews on 'Relaxation' (the one I bought) and people found it to work.

It has a text inside the CD to let you know what messages are going in your head.

I am still doing research. Was that the name you were thinging of Seadove?

I just had to get one anyway because I have been a little anxious lately with all of the DR. appointments.
    Also I am due to another cancer check up--it has been five years and just do not want to go through it.

But I will. Like we all do.

nyrofan
  10. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I use Steve Halpern's Chakra Suite CD constantly. My lab loves it as much as I do. I have a couple of others by him but Chakra Suites is my favorite. I ordered from Amazon.

Do you like the CD you ordered? I'm interested.
  11. kjfms

kjfms Member

are you referring to the urban legend started by a DJ in 1970 that kicked off the rumor that Paul McCartney had died? (The White Album) song: I'm So Tired.

Or the repeated words Number nine, number nine.... (Revolution 9) that were supposedly turn me on, dead man...backwards.

...which is a bunch of nonsense of course. Like I said urban legend...heheheeheh.

This is almost as funny as the one about if you swallow pop rocks and drink a coke you stomach will explode...good grief...LOL

Thanks for the giggle,

Karen

12. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Gee, don't know why I'm here, something told me too??

MRDAD
  13. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I had a hypnotherapist friend who had the machine to put subliminal messages on tapes. She prepared a surgery tape for me, and it worked. I used it three times, and came out fine every timed. Before that, I always had some emergency or other.

I still use that tape for dentists, etc.. I even used it during an MRI, and I was calm the whole time (I'm claustraphobic).

Terry