sublingual glutathione - Chem Defense

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mbofov, Jan 31, 2013.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Well, I saw my CFS doctor last week and told him about how I thought the acetyl glutathione had helped my extreme sensitivity to detoxing. And also told him how pricey it was.

He suggested sublingual glutathione, he thought it would work just as well. Source Naturals makes a sublingual product called Chem Defense which has glutathione, molybdenum, B2 and something else. I actually tried this a couple of years ago and could not tolerate it - it made me detox, naturlich!

I tried it again this week, and guess what - no bad reaction, I'm tolerating it just fine. So will try this in place of the acetyl-glutathione as it's much cheaper.

As I've written before, I don't know what has caused my sensitivity to anything that could cause detoxing to go away. All I can think of is the acetyl glutathione I took for about 4 months, and maybe the Spring Forest qigong exercises I've been doing for about 2 months. But something is definitel working better - am so glad!

Mary
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

That is great news, Mary!

Fore
  3. IanH

IanH Active Member

and thank for the product reference. I will try it too.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I am really glad to find myself tolerating this (and other things as well).

Ian - keep us posted how you do on it, and I of course will see if I continue to improve -

Best wishes,

Mary
  5. IanH

IanH Active Member

Will take a week to get to me in NZ.
    Thanks again - will keep you informed. My wife and daughter will also be trying it.
    (My daughter tried the suppositories but they she reacted badly to them - and they were super expensive.)
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so glad you have found something which helps and doesn't have those side effects. Good for you!!!

Love, Mikie
  7. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

That is wonderful that you are not reacting to things like you were before. That alone can make a huge difference because it opens the door to try other things that could help you without reacting terribly to them.

I don't know what the reason for your improved response is, but SFQ could be helping. At least on the neurological side of things. I have been faithfully doing it and am not nearly as reactive to things as before and am not on any glutathione supplements or precursers.

I hope that this continues. This sublingual form sounds interesting. Perhaps when I go on the methylation supplements I will try some of it to reduce the risk of my glutathione decreasing further in the beginning of treatment.

Best wishes,
    Steve
  8. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It's not so much that this product doesn't have side effects because I reacted badly to it before - it's that I have changed - I'm not reacting the same way as before. I think my body is detoxing better, the detox pathways working better, however you put it.

So just to see my body working better on one level gives me a tiny bit of hope that I might continue to improve --

Mary
  9. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You're right, there are several things I tried before but could not tolerate (e.g., far infrared sauna, this product - chem defense, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, chlorella, and on and on) and am beginning to think I will be able to do more now. I reacted horribly to gelatin a few months ago and now take it with no problem at night for sleep. Same with taurine.

You're right - the SFQ definitely could be helping. At least I know it's not hurting!

Interesting that you've been faithfully doing the SFQ and are not nearly as reactive as before. It may be helping more than I think.

Be sure to watch for signs of potassium deficiency when you start the methylation supps. Freddd of the Phoenix Rising board wrote that when the body starts to heal and methylation increases on the methylation protocol, the need for potassium goes way up. It's required by the cells for healing.

Freddd has a protocol similar to Richvank's and I did better on freddd's. His protocol uses metafolin and methyl B 12 and dibencozide, another form of B12. My energy started to pick up noticeably after a couple of days after starting Freddd's procotol, but then I hit a brick wall - horrible fatigue and lethargy, totally drained. It took about a day for me to realize that my potassium had probably tanked. I had felt this way before but never knew what it was. I started taking potassium, titrated up to 1,000 mg. for a couple of days, and sure enough my energy came back. I've since been on a maintenance dose of 400 mg. a day. Looking at my labs, I saw that my potassium had been at hte bottom of the normal range, but no doctor ever pointed that out to me or that it could cause fatigue. And I have read that inactivity also causes potassium to drop - we need activity to increase potassium levels so CFS alone can cause low potassium. You can read more about Freddd's protocol here:
    http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/active-b12-protocol-basics.10138/

Mary
  10. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

Thanks for the heads up about the potassium issue. I would hope that including very high potassium foods would be enough to counter it. Foods such as bananas and potatoes are pretty high, especially potatoes.

I suppose I will just have to see.
  11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You're right, food sources of potassium (and other nutrients) are best, but for me it was going to be difficult to get enough potassium from food without a lot of calories. I don't eat potatoes, I eat low carb, I like bananas but it would be too much sugar to eat enough to get all the potassium I needed! I have to watch everything I eat because I'm so damn sedentary due to CFS. I used to be very active, like so many here, and hope to be again some day.

Do wait and see -- just be aware of the very real possibility of a rather marked increase in need for potassium. I was so grateful to Freddd for this information, it was invaluable to me and allowed me to keep on with his protocol and get a boost in energy. Otherwise I would have had to stop it because I felt so crappy and would not have known what was going on, that my potassium levels had tanked very quickly, within a few days.

Mary
  12. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I remember woofmom and have often wondered what happened to her, she just seemed to disappear. I hope she's okay. I do remember she wrote about molybdenum a lot. I've been taking it for several years now regularly. ANd it is good to see it's in the sublingual glutathione supp I've started.

I'm still taking 400 mg. of potassium a day, I seem to need it. I had my regular blood panel done a few months ago and my levels had gone up a bit, still a bit on the low side but not at the bottom any more. I'm like you, I don't eat potatoes hardly ever or bananas.

I read in a book once that we need to be active to have good potassium levels, somehow activity gets the potassium into our cells where we need it, so with the enforced inacitivity of CFS or FM or just body pains, it makes sense our levels would be low and would need to be supplemented. I don't think doctors in general look out for this - all they notice is if you're in the "normal" range, even if you're at hte bottom.

One way to get mineral levels checked rather cheaply is hair analysis. Dr. Taylor does mine once a year and the lab charges $55, which I pay out of pocket. Your doctor might be able to do this.

Mary
  13. neoplus1

neoplus1 Member

You have already started the sublingual glutathione? Keep us posted how it goes. I am thinking about ordering some. The price is really good for 100 tabs.

I liked the undenatured whey before but it is a bit pricey and i was never sure howmuch to take.

Steve
  14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I did understand what you meant but my reply didn't reflect that. In any case, I'm so glad you are so much improved. Sometimes, detoxing can be so harsh in the beginning but as we improve, we can tolerate it better. Any improvement is a cause for celebration so, HOORAY for you!

Love, Mikie
  15. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I have been very sensitive to so many products, causing severe detoxing, for many years, without any improvement, and now it seems almost overnight I have major improvement. It is pretty amazing.

Though I did find myself detoxing earlier this week, could not understand it and then figured it was probably from the MSM in a hyaluronic acid supplement I started. No rest for the wicked! :)

Mary
  16. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I did start the sublingual glutathione, I took it for several days and seemed to be tolerating it with minimal symptoms. I tried it a few years ago and could not tolerate it, felt sick on it.

But something hit me this week, causing me to detox, I think it was a different product that has MSM in it. Anyways, I'm going out of town for 6 days so am stopping anything that potentially could cause a detox reaction (including the sub glut.), and will resume it when I get back.

So I'll post more later on it -

Mary