sublingual melatonin w/o B6 - great for sleep!

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by mbofov, Nov 13, 2013.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Upon recommendation from my sister, I've been taking Natrol brand sublingual melatonin without B6 for about 4 weeks now and my sleep has improved dramatically. I dissolve one 3 mg. tablet in my mouth about 1/2 hour or 40 minutes before I want to go to sleep and I've been going to sleep like clockwork every night. I also take 200 mg. l-theanine and calcium and magnesium around 8:00 p.m. I've added in one HCL capsule to help absorb this stuff.

I then sleep pretty soundly for 3 or 4 hours, wake up to go to the bathroom take 1/2 melatonin lozenge and am back to sleep within 30 minutes (instead of being awake for 1 - 3 hours). I also take 1 mg. lorazepam at this time though think I could get by with 1/2 mg, and am going to try that.

It is great to be getting solid sleep!

B6 when taken in the morning, helps me with energy. However, when taken late in the day or at night, gives me insomnia so it was important to find a product that does not have B6 in it. Many sleep preparations do have B6. It can go either way - it can help with sleep or cause insomnia, so something to be aware of.

I have been taking melatonin in capsule form for many years and it just wasn't doing much. This sublingual stuff is great!

Mary