Success Stories!!! Share them, for fun, for faith

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cristine04, Sep 9, 2003.

1. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

Who has beaten this? Who has gotten some or all of her/his life back? I'm sure there are posts all over this website about what has worked and what hasn't. But just post them here again for people to read as a reminder that there is an answer out there!!!! There can never be too much hope or faith. We need it.

Thank you!!!
    Cristine

p.s. For me I've done acupuncture since March. I feel a bit better immediately following it but the long lasting effects have not manifested themselves as of yet. And each treatment costs $75. I also did a homepathic treatment and took an herb of potency protease (don't want to write exact name/brand here) that was to "activate macrophages" -- it caused me to relapse horrendously. I suppose CFSers do NOT need to activate their immune systems?! Finally, I did a colon cleanse over a period of 4 weeks which actually did help a tiny bit. BUt I'm still not even close to a full recovery.

2. HuggyMummy

HuggyMummy New Member

just a 'little' success story (and I wantd to bump topic before it disappeared over page:)

RLS - almost 99% gone - no caffeine after 2pm, iron tablets (as prescribed by doc for anemia), and calcium/magnesium tablets at nighttime - Result: no more RLS in bed, only twice whilst on long trips - for me, that's a success story:)

Hugs
    Ruth

PS Please do NOT take iron tablets unless instructed to do so by doc - can cause major problems
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I do take some supplements, but defer to those on this board who are the experts. I receive much relief of pain with myofascial treatments. Help myself with pool/water aerobics/pilates-yoga/physioball. Fondly, June
  4. sofy

sofy New Member

my only pain management is magnesium glycinate, about 900mgs spread out in 4 doses thru the day. This allowed me to start stretching the ligaments/muscles in the back of my legs and I can now not only touch my knees but my ankles. It took a lot of dilligence to get them there but without the magnesium I wouldnt have been able to do anything except scream with the pain. The elastic in my panties around my legs would feel like a hot poker cutting into my flesh when I sat on it. No more

Do do some accupressure on spots and it works. Have one spot nest to my spine that is always troublesome but nothing that I would resort to pain pills and the side effects they cause.
  5. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

I want to try accupressure and also will soon be starting supplements.
  6. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

Brain fog has been greatly reduced by eliminating refined sugars and wheat.
    Flax seed meal on everything has increased regularity.
    Amino acids have balanced out my appetite - I'm no longer hungry all the time and am losing weight without trying. I feel more balanced. Also, my dry mouth, dry eyes, and dry everything else are gone since starting the amino acids. I take all the non-essential amino acids.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

I think the end of my rope had just slipped out of my hand when I saw Dr Vrchota (Wabasha, MN) for my FM. She treats with Dr Teitelbaum’s protocol. She did the VCS test, I was positive for neurotoxins. She said she wanted to start me out on this drug first because they are finding many FM symptoms go away or greatly reduce. I started Cholestyramine July 2. Within two weeks I noticed I could roll over in bed without screaming in pain. As the days went by, I could feel the bones in my hands, my edema reduced. Pain in my joints reduced, my energy level started increasing, fibro fog cleared, and I no longer felt I needed a nap before getting out of bed in the morning. My bladder irritability stopped, no more getting up at night or stopping at every bathroom in the country when I drove. Sleep started to improve (remember sleep?) And I noticed I could drive at night again, the glare of the headlights did not blind me! During this time I ordered new glasses, the shop forgot to order my sunglasses. I knew I was not going to be able to drive home in the bright sunlight. I have worn dark photo gray lens for over 20 years because the light hurts my eyes. I was surprised as soon as I stepped outside into the sunshine, not squinting at all. What a beautiful world of colors and light! I have less cravings, more interest in life. Some where along the way, my depression lifted (it forgot to say goodbye, I just say good riddance). Panic attacks are less often and less intense. I am starting to become interested in my hobbies again. I no longer feel the whole world is passing by me. I see more details in life; it is not just a blur. I do still have FM symptoms, but they are so greatly reduced that life is livable! Friends are commenting on how well I look and say I have a spring in my step. I had forgotten what it was like to have a spring in my step, it is nice. Just this week I noticed the tremors I was having stopped. My balance improved, I feel a lot steadier. It has been over two months since I started cholestyramine. It has saved my life. When I first started taking this, I couldn’t for the life of me, figure out when or how I was suppose to take it. Heck I lived in Fibro Fog I couldn’t hardly remember my own name much less than follow directions. LOL I just took it the best I could and did not worry if I was wrong or not. I am down to taking it at least once a day until my next appointment the end of Sept. Read all you can about this treatment and get tested for neurotoxins. I took it because I saw the remarkable results a friend had with this drug. It is not absorbed into the blood stream. Just search this site for more into.

Oh one more thing, I noticed I was making a strange noise today. Then I realized I was humming a song, Can't remember when the last time was I was walking around humming!

[This Message was Edited on 09/11/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/11/2003]

[ advertisement ]