Success stories

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by discoverygal, Feb 23, 2007.

1. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

Hi Everyone,
    Is there anyone who has actually beat FMS. Is this something that we will have to learn to control and live with? Or has anyone actually gotten better?

I am getting worse and worse. I had my first follow-up with pain doc today and since the effexor is doing nothing, I am starting on Neurontin.

I have a great job with good pay and am so afraid that I won't be able to work in a year or two if I continue on this trend of getting worse.

Some success stories would be very hopeful.
    Thanks friends.

~Danette
  2. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

To me, any day that I can go to work and function fairly normally is a success. I seem to have more bad days than good lately and it's a fight every day to do things and not be upset that I cant seem to accomplish what I used to.
  3. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I had FMS first. I did okay with that, and actually, adding exercise was the best thing I did to help with that condition overall. I was/am well managed by my Dr's, and have continued to work at my job.

I have someone who cleans my home, etc. I had actually had periods of remission over the course of 4 years. I suddenly got much worse, and started to have EBV, and have since been diagnosed with CFS/chronic EVB reactivation. I have had EBV 3 times in the last year. So, now I am not sure how much longer I will go on being able to work at my job, which pays quite handsomely, and I enjoy.

I encourage you to take the very best care of yourself that you can, and try to avoid the push/crash as much as possible. Many people with FMS continue to work for quite some time.

There was an interesting point in one article I read on CFS that states "I never really got better until I stopped trying to make CFS fit into my old life, and worked out a new life around CFS." And that's sort of the principle. You can't jam FMS into your old life. You'll make yourself miserable. So, work with it the best you can, and admit your limitations when you have to.

Bunny
  4. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

"I never really got better until I stopped trying to make CFS fit into my old life, and worked out a new life around CFS." This is so true! Maybe this is why I feel so dissapointed in myelf and want to just hide and be what I am and who I am by myself..Then no one else will know how often I sleep or how badly I feel or when I cry. Only time they would know is if I told them. I could go out and visit only on my good days and see people when I feel good and they would still only know me as the happy nice person I used to be. I am going to give that statement a lot of thought...thanks!

5. MoibonFL

MoibonFL New Member

6. exgolfer

exgolfer New Member

Danette

Read "what worked for me". I am getting better, I probably won't be on this message board too much longer, I want to go live, I can't believe I am progressing so well. If you want to know more, let me know.

Lena
  7. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

It made a lot of sense to me, and really gave me some perspective. For me, this also means that I may have to retrain for a different type of job- I am considering medical billing from home, etc. I'm not sure where this is all leading me, but fighting to try to keep things "as they were" so to speak doesn't really seem to work well.

But, life is also about change. Why we resist it so, I'm not sure. A lot of times, what comes of it is fine, it is fear of the unknown, I think.
  8. Ginner

Ginner New Member

I would love more info. I just had to give up a job I loved. I am trying so hard to do the right things.
    Your info. sounds hopeful, I know we are all different.
    Thank you much
    Ginner
  9. exgolfer

exgolfer New Member

Ginner, I had the treatment 4 months ago and I can't believe how much better I feel. The practitioner I went
    to is Ranan Shahar, LAc.,M.S.c. in Los Angeles. His website is newdawnclinic.net. He does travel giving
    seminars & treatment throughout the US. It is not advertised as a treatment for FMS/CFS but a treatment to
    align the atlas that will then allow your body to heal. It was not painful, it took about 15 minutes. I noticed
    the most improvements after the third month. Anxiety was gone within a few days. You will have aches in the muscles & ligaments as the body realigns. I am thrilled!
    Lena
  10. Ginner

Ginner New Member

I posted with the message board on this topic also. I may be traveling soon.
    I will let you know.
    Thank you Ginner