Successful Treatment after Diagnosis with Tilt Table Test

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LongStruggle, Dec 10, 2006.

1. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I'm wondering if anybody has had a tilt table test and received successful treatment thereafter and if so, what was the treatment? From everything I've read, I think I may need to have the tilt table test, but I'm not sure what types of doctors are utilizing this test and what treatments they do as a result of a failed test. I would think an electrophysiologist would be the one to order such a test, but I'm wondering if others have been diagnosed by a different kind of doctor.
  2. meeee74

meeee74 New Member

from the tilt-table test was to increase my fluids and salt intake. that's all I was prescribed. And in all honesty it has helped a lot. Not as symptomatic as before (knock on wood - hate saying things like thaat for fear of speaking too soon). But i did test positive for postural tachycardia and supposedly it is related to fibro and autonomic nervous system disorder. My neuro ordered it and it was tested by a cardio. Let us know how yours goes.

Hope this helps.
    Erica
  3. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

Yeah, that's all I've seen for treatment is increased fluids and salt, but I do drink a lot and I would think I do get enough salt. I'm wondering if what is really going on is what Cheney and Peckerman talk about -- cardiac outflow problems.