such a bad night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobolee, Jan 17, 2003.

1. bobolee

bobolee New Member

Last night was so bad - I haven't had a flare up like this before, and don't even know if that is what it is. Sooooo tired and achy and in pain, that I laid on the heating pad all night. Then I go to bed, and can't sleep. I sweat all night. I am starting to think I am going crazy. That is what scares me. It felt like my skin was on fire all night. I am so frightened that I am losing my mind. What is going on? I don't remember having this before, but I haven't had a bad flare up in a long time. I got up this morning, and now think I might have a bladder infection, but am not sure - do have the symptoms. I feel like I am falling apart. What should I do????? My Dr. is out of town until Mon. Last time I lost it I wound up in mental health for 3 days, but they really did nothing for me. They didn't seem to know what to do with me, its just that I kept dreaming of being in a deep hole and couldn't get out.
  2. coyote

coyote New Member

maybe you should get thee to an M.D. to see if U have a UTI.
    Hope you feel better soon.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so sorry you are feeling so bad, I have been there myself many times. This illness is so unpredictable, that we don't know what is going on from one minute to the next.

As for that feeling like you are having a bladder infection, if possible go to the doctor, if you can't get to one now, at least drink some Cramberry Juice, and some distilled bottled water for a few days. The Cramberry heals and the distilled water will flush out the bladder and kidneys.

I am sorry you have those nightsweats, I get them very bad sometimes. No one seems to know exactly what causes them. I have been getting them off and on now for 16 years.

Other than unconfortable, I don't think they will harm you. I believe they are the bad toxins getting out of your body. Or the body is cleansing itself.

You are not going crazy! I have had everything you mentioned, and I know I am not nuts, its just this terrible illness we have doing all these things to our bodies.

Try to keep yourself calm, and stop thinking you are losing your mind! You are as sane as the rest of us, just physically sick thats all.

Stay in bed with your heating pad, drink that water, and watch some good tv shows till you feel better and can see your doctor.

Let us know how you are doing, I am concerned for you, will think some good thoughts, and say a prayer for you.

Shalom, Shirl