Such DGI's - You would think they understand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by groundhogson, Jan 31, 2003.

1. groundhogson

groundhogson New Member

Hey Yall,
    I went today for the 3rd caudle block for my R hip at the Pain Clinic. I have severe arthritis in the SI joint and a herniated disc at that point. The 1st one did fairly well for about 2 weeks, but after that it was back to some old song and dance. The 2nd one did not seem to help at all. So I went for the scheduled one today. I was telling the nurse who was updating my chart that the 2nd one didn't help. The other nurse who has started my IV both times, said "Are you sure you didn't try to cut your grass or clean your house after that last block? Some people feel so much better that they try to do too much." Duh, I don't know when the last time I cleaned my house. I do good to get dishes done and clothes washed. Dust is a family member at this point. I can't believe she was such a "Don't Get It"!

Anyway, I talked with the Doctor about what was going on and we decided not to do a caudle block. They just injected the SI joint. Maybe it will help, but now it is too soon to tell. He also recommended more physical therapy because I walk out of line which is pressing on that joint. Then he said if that didn't work, we would talk about meeting with a surgeon. I don't want to think about that.