Sudden Migraine Attacks (again!)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, Oct 5, 2005.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

Hey,

I'm all of a sudden over the last 3 weeks having the most horrible migraines. They are not going away either. I'm taking my Zomig (migraine med), my pain meds, my topamax, etc. etc. UGH! This was my life for a whole year two years ago.

It's stress, I know it. Just moved which took it's toll on me. My new pain doc doesn't trust me nor care to ask or consider my personal situations, is only concerned about physical things. Hello - stress and FMS are not friends!!! I actually asked him if he believed in Fibro. He said yes.

My ex-husband just told me he wants to reconcile which has caused an uproar of emotions. Mostly painful as he was not there for me during the onset of my illness. Swears he'll be there now. I'm not fooled. We have a child and it's a pull on the heart strings let me tell you. Ugh! I've yet to have "the talk" with him to tell him that I like my life as it is now, "single" without complication. That comes this weekend which brings more pain which I don't have enough meds for.

Sorry for the complaints. I guess i need to vent this out to people who actually understand life as a FMS Sufferer. Nobody gets it. I've since been seeing my physiciatrist again (at $100.00 per 20 mins) due to the anxiety attacks I've been suffering. Again Stress. Constantly broke. I'm 35 and had to borrow more money from dad. How degrading but god love my daddy. I swear to be there for my child like mine have been for me.

Brings me to another issue, the reconcilliation, of course all sides of family want it, except me so once again, the black sheep. What to do.

I just keep praying and asking god for direction but feel like I'd be selling my soul if I return.

Anyone experience similar? If so, I'd love to chat. Won't be back on line until tomorrow but could use the friendship at this point.

Hugs to all.
    Shawn
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

A long time ago, I "reconciled" with my estranged husband. He had left a year before for another woman...left me with two teenage sons, a house, and a pittance of money. I was a full-time, stay-at-home mom.

I was going to school, raising sons, working in church, etc...living life, and then he wanted to reconcile. As I was broke and really wanted my sons to have their father, I agreed, reluctantly.

It was not a good decision. Life was worse with him than without him, even for my sons. I held out for 2 years with him there and finally filed for divorce. What a relief it was to do that. Divorce was still a living hell to go though, but I did it, finished school, taught English until a few years ago when became disabled.

I had thought that God didn't want divorce ever so all would be well...but it wasn't. I guess I had to do it to really say I'd given it my best shot.

I'm not telling you what to do...you have to decide, but as you asked for experiences, this is mine.

I will pray that you will have the wisdom to make the correct decision...so hard to do. You do count even if everyone disagrees with you...it's your life.

Take care!
    Sue
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I posted a note so people will read your question. Your title makes one think it's just about migraines which are terrible and I have also suffered from them.

But, you are probably right about the stress. I just hope you get some other input to support you during this time.

Blessings,
    Sue
  4. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

To write today, but I will leave you with this.

There is a lot of caring people on this board please feel free to come and talk any time.

I hope everything works out for the best with you and your ex husband. I have been in simular situations with my husband but we seem to muddle through them.

I will be praying for you that your migraines will stop and your stress will lift from you so you can start feeling a little better.

Take care of yourself,

Until tomorrow for me too.

Christina
  5. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Those migranes still around.I have never had one to last that long.I hope that you get some releif soon.

How do you feel about getting back with your husband?I know some men will say anything to get back togther.You know this guy better than his own family, you make the right choice for you.

Have you tried to get SSI or do you work fulltime?

(((Shawn)))
  6. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I know about the headaches, maybe not quite so intense, but bad enough that nothing I have helps and for long periods of time.
    I don't have any experience with your ex problem. All I can offer you is to pray for you, and ask God to give you guidance and you have to make this difficult decsion. If you ask Him, He will guide you.
    Blessings,
    Raz
  7. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I read it as "rising force", not sure if that's how it is meant... but it sure is appropriate. You are obviously a strong, intuitive woman. You know what your body is saying to you right now, you see what the universe is guiding you to do... and you know you have the strength to do it.

Good things will come.

I left the father of my son when he came home one night and said, "I think I've discovered I don't love you anymore." Our son was 5 mos. old and I was 19. I said, "That's a very immature view of love- if you think that love is a discovery, I've mistaken our committment. The fact is you DO love me, and when you 'discover' that, I will not change my mind." The only mistake I made was leaving him in the apartment I'd put the deposit, 1st and last month's rent on. Duh. But, I took my son and hauled tail outta' there. I loved him, but was so freed by my own strength. I knew I had to do it.

Three months later, he returned, saying, "You were right- I do love you, can we make this work for our son?" I kept my word and refused. It was not an attempt at true reconciliation and it was not "for our son". It was a desperate attempt to cling following an uncomfortable realization that something inside of him was "broken". I told him we needed to meet with an attorney to settle on an amount for child support.

This is only my story- I have had doubts, but held tight to my "gut feelings"... I wasn't sure every step of the way, but I always had that notion of the right thing to do.

When I was w/ ex, I was sick following the birth of my son. One morning, I was up nursing him, and suddenly realized that I was about to vomit. I ran into the bedroom, placed my child next to his sleeping father, explaining quickly, "He's going to cry- he was not finished nursing, but I'm about to throw up... just keep him on the bed and I'll be right back." I remember feeling bad for having to disturb his sleep at all, but as I hugged the toilet, heaving, I listened to my son crying out with anger and hunger. Over the top of my infant's wailing, my then-fiance was yelling, "Would you come get this kid- I'm trying to get some sleep in here!"

Now, ten years later, I am married to a beautiful, kindhearted man who wakes me up 1/2 an hour before I need to get up each morning to deliver me my pain medications so that I will have an easier time getting out of bed. We have three beautiful children- my son uses my husband's last name and considers him "dad"- his own father proved to be as emotionally distant with his son as he was with me.

My husband is so devoted to our children... and to all children, really- he is just a great dad and a dream for a husband. He has been with me through so much, holding my hand and encouraging and supporting even when he doesn't understand. You deserve that. You know that and you are headed in the right direction.

Good luck and God Bless- I hope yours is a peaceful journey...
    Lollie
  8. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

have you ever considered an ssri like lexapro to address your migraine attacks? i had a serious problem with migraines last year, tried neurontin, relpax, imitrex; the only thing that ended up working for me was a low dose of lexapro. it's also excellent for anxiety. you could have serotonin issues. just something you might want to consider until you get through this rough patch.

be well,
    eddie