Sudden sharp pains

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CreateHope, Sep 18, 2003.

1. CreateHope

CreateHope New Member

Hi all,
    After reading Suzan's post "have you had this pain..." and Line's "Anyone ever have this kind of rib thing?" I wondered if something else was going on too. Somebody mentioned the possibility of Lyme disease, which certainly seems plausible, given that no one test can diagnose Lyme.
    (check out lymetruth)

Also today I was reading in Healthwatch about a guy who had sudden sharp pains who saw Dr. Shoemaker and got diagnosed with Lyme Disease when for all these years he thought he had Chronic Fatigue. This doc told this man that sharp pains (neuropathic pains) reflect nerve damage, and lots of patients with CFS, FM and Lyme suffer from this.

Which leads me to (just a little more...) MRI's. When I think of possible nerve damage, I wonder what kind of test will show this up. I have yet to do more research on the MRI/neuropathy link, but I'm curious to see what you all have to say.

As for me, yes I've had sharp stomach pains, though for me they lasted a while, so the research continues...
    Thanks
    Kate
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

About two years ago I started having sharp, cramping pains underneath my left ribs -- intermittently. After a couple of weeks of this, I finally went to the doctor. He ordered a CT scan, which found nothing. Several days later, red blisters popped up. It was shingles. I would have sworn up and down this pain could not have been shingles because it felt very 'deep'. Unfortunately this is at least the third time I've had a bout with this, and it is different/worse every time.
  3. kimkane

kimkane New Member

Yes I get sharp pains under my ribs also sometimes it feels like someone is holding a bar under my brsts and pushing into me, it hurts to the point even my bra hurts.
    hugs kimk

[ advertisement ]