Sudden Sweats and chills Anyone else with Fibro doing this

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mevy, Jul 31, 2006.

1. mevy

mevy New Member

Hi. Just have a question for all of us fibro/cfs suffers. I have lots of problems with sudden sweats and then chills. Anyone else out there who has these issues--can you tell me what you do for relief???? Can't really blame weather as this happens in winter, summer, or sitting in AC room. Really miserable. My bedroom is cool yet I still wake up with drenching sweats and soaked pj's several times a night.

Looking for any help or advise for relief.

Thanks to all--
    Mevy
  2. cczub

cczub New Member

Hi Mevy! I have the same problem. I have FM and have been dealing with the sweats/chills for some time now. There are night I'm fine and others that I have to change 3 times at night... I'll wake up completely soaked and freezing cold.. It doesn't matter if I keep my bedroom cold either...

Good Luck!
  3. sascha

sascha Member

is when i get chills and feverish sweats. i soldiered on through when my brother and sister-in-law visited because i wanted so much to spend time with them.

i hate the chills. when it happens i am put on notice that uh-oh this is going to be a day when i have to cancel anything/everything and stay close to my bed.

i don't mean to sound glib- it hasn't been an easy process for me to get here- but i do seem much improved when i am on my good eating plan (paleo/caveman(person to be pc)/neanderthin/atkins/coconut diet. i honestly function at a higher level and can feel pretty ok. (i do watch my fats and take coconut oil and get plenty of pro-biotics and omega 3 fatty acids from codliver oil and ground flax seeds.

i know one size doesn't fit all. but this approach has helped me. then i have to keep myself from taking on too much, or everything goes out the window and i crash once more.

best of luck- sascha
  4. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

My husband embarrasses me by saying "why are you sweating so much?" He couldn't possibly ask in private either. I am 34 and feel like I'm having hot flashes.

I too soak my Pj's. Our house will be 72 degrees, and I'll be profusely sweating. My hair will even be soaked. I don't know how to fix the problem or what causes it, but I'm with you on the sweating train.
  5. mevy

mevy New Member

Thanks all!!! As much as I really hate this crapola, and all that is involved with it, it is so nice to know that I can come to this site and find comfort and know that I am not alone--that I am not really crazy--that this is happening to others as well. Not saying that I'm glad others are suffering too-just that knowing this is a real thing that is happening with us and this disease!!!

People who do not sufferer with this can not have any idea how much it has changed our lives--is every aspect.

This sweating happens to me off and on all day everyday and all night. Whether it is hot or cold-AC or furnace. Just wish we understood more about why it happens and what we could do to ease it.

Always open for any suggestions on what helps others.

(((((((HUGS)))))))))

Mevy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2006]
  6. tejanya

tejanya New Member

hot flashes either. i sweat a lot. people just think i am working hard. no, it is just the med (imiprimine) doing it. well, doc days that. after reading these, it is just this fun-fibro. the bottom of my feet sweat during winter. we used to have real winters here in okie land, but not lately. i also get goose bumps from the chills i get. even when it is over 100 degrees. which is another strange example of fibro posibilities. and i do not think mine due to an approaching or leaving flare. it just sweat. i never did before though. must be getting older and body is changing too. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! keep up the good sharing of knowledge.
    tejanya