Suddenly Weak, shaky, hot feeling, feels better after eating?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by meowchowchow, May 25, 2004.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I was wondering if anyone else had this sometimes. Sometimes i'll get it a couple times a week, sometimes not for weeks at a time. It comes on really suddenly and I feel weak, shaky, like I have hotflashes and eating seems to help. If I eat something, in a few minutes it will subside. I'm not diabetic and I've been tested for hypoglycemia and it's not that either. Just wondering if this is anothe part of CFS?
    Thanks!
  2. 1HurtinPup

1HurtinPup New Member

(Love your screen name, by the way!)

I have the same symptoms as you. I also do not have diabetes but have never been tested for hypoglycemia so I don't know about that one.

And I never thought to link it to FMS or CFS.

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? I'd love to hear it.

Pup
  3. Megster

Megster New Member

Mild hypoglycimia doesn't always show up in blood tests. Best way to find out is eliminate ALL unrefind carbs, including fruit and fruit juices, ALL "white and fluffies" like white flour, potatoes, sugar, ect, for at least two weeks. Basically, go on some form of low carb diet.

I used to get very similar feelings, and still do if I don't stay away from unrefined carbs. I can eat fruits and low carb or whole grain breads, as long as they don't contain any form of sugar (corn syrup, honey, ect.), and I eat lots of veggies. Now I can go hours past the usual time for me to eat without ill effects, where as before, I couldn't go more than 20 minutes!

Certainly, ask your doc about it, as it could be something else, but just thought I'd let you know my experiance.

Meg
  4. donna275

donna275 New Member

your blood sugar dropped. That is the feeling you get. People can have a drop in blood sugar who do not have hypoglycemia. Do you remember what you ate before the "spell". I am hypoglycemic and before I knew what it was, I called those feelings my spell.

Take care,
    Donna
  5. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

This morning I ate a pancake and a piece of sausage. I can't really tell if what I eat plays a part in it being better or worse. As far as staying away from carbs, argh! I think I would die if I couldn't eat potatoes. I tried the Atlkins Diet one time and after a few days I felt like I was going to hurt someone if I couldn't eat some potatoes or bread or something.
  6. nana-donna

nana-donna New Member

I get the same way. Not sure what it is.

Donna
  7. 1HurtinPup

1HurtinPup New Member

Are you sure you don't mean REFINED carbs, not UNREFINED? Staying away from refined carbs is avoiding things like white sugar/flour, etc.

Pup
  8. gelicab

gelicab New Member

I was tested years ago and found that I wasnt. Then about a year ago I kept getting these wierd dizzy spells I went to one doctor who said I had high blood sugar (diabetes) but when I say the Endocronologist she said no, I had hypoglaucemia but that many hypo patients end up being diabetics type II patients. So be real careful with your diet.

I agree on the potato thing. I cant stay away from potatoes, breads, yellow corn etc. I try to eat in moderation of these things as I hear thats my bad part.. but I just take it as it comes and drink a hot soda (coke) and I feel better. Did you know thats a quicker way than orange juice to raise your sugar? Yep, my partner is diabetic she has been to several classes on Type II Diabetes.

Good Luck & keep us posted

GEL
  9. stagename

stagename New Member

that it really sounds like low blood sugar. lots of people with FM have it. i had been tested several times, and each time my doctor said i was normal. now that i have a copy of my file to read myself, i see that i tested on the low side of normal EVERY TIME. she never mentioned that. she never explained the numbers to me. But if the normal range for that blood test was 3.4-6.8, i was a 3.4.

don't skip meals! i keep an apple and a granola bar in my bag all the time. they don't go bad, and then i don't have to remember to grab something everytime i leave the house.
  10. rdthewave

rdthewave New Member

blood sugar problems to me.............despite what the test results showed. CHROMIUM PICOLONATE! Worked wonders for me with these kind of symptoms..........it regulates blood sugar levels. If you feel better after you eat..........this is the biggest clue that it probably has something to do with your sugar levels. The doctor should have picked up on that one.

My Chromium levels were very low. My Doctor had it checked when I told him the symptoms that you are describing.............most invarably......I felt better after eating.

I took 200-400mcg a day.

Tammy
  11. rickoshea

rickoshea New Member

I used to get this often - what felt like a catastrophic drop in blood sugar but I have a blood sugar monitor in my surgery and when I tested myself all was ok . It is indeed part of CFS - I have read about it being a symptom . Lots of small meals rather than 3 large ones can help balance things .

Richard