Sugar-free/Atkins/Guai

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HiFive, Nov 23, 2002.

1. HiFive

HiFive New Member

This begins day seven on the induction phase of the Atkin's Diet. I have cut back to half decaf coffee, trying to avoid the headaches. There is no sugar on this diet, except I do have an Atkin's Bar daily. On the one hand I feel better. My clothes are slightly looser, I have less gas, some of the bloat feeling is gone. Yesterday afternoon, though, I was sooooo tired and weak. I started taking guaifenesin friday night, 600mg. I cut the dosage back to 300mg. I'm going to hang with it until I get better and I do believe that I will get better.
    There is a post below about the ills of sugar. I agree, Sugar is Evil!!!
    I have been completely off sugar before and felt much better. And with just one week off again (including the potatoes, fruit etc.) it is already making a positive difference. My joints and muscles still ache and I have trouble walking but I believe that will gett better too! I am believing that I am on my way to feeling GREAT!!!
    pam
  2. HiFive

HiFive New Member

This begins day seven on the induction phase of the Atkin's Diet. I have cut back to half decaf coffee, trying to avoid the headaches. There is no sugar on this diet, except I do have an Atkin's Bar daily. On the one hand I feel better. My clothes are slightly looser, I have less gas, some of the bloat feeling is gone. Yesterday afternoon, though, I was sooooo tired and weak. I started taking guaifenesin friday night, 600mg. I cut the dosage back to 300mg. I'm going to hang with it until I get better and I do believe that I will get better.
    There is a post below about the ills of sugar. I agree, Sugar is Evil!!!
    I have been completely off sugar before and felt much better. And with just one week off again (including the potatoes, fruit etc.) it is already making a positive difference. My joints and muscles still ache and I have trouble walking but I believe that will gett better too! I am believing that I am on my way to feeling GREAT!!!
    pam
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm glad the effects of going sugar free are starting to show up for you. You will eventually see the benefits of the Guai treatment too. These two thing, plus my Klonopin and believing I will heal, have been the biggest factors in my improvement.

Right now, I am in some pain because I had gone off the Guai while on the skin-care regimen. I've stopped the skin-care regimen temporarily and am back on the Guai. Unfortunately, the Guai has not kicked in yet. When it does, I will go back to the skin-care regimen two days a week only. I am hoping I can still do both because the skin-care therapy is so amazing.

You are to be congratulated! So many people just won't exert their will power to make healthy changes in their lives. What we gain in improved health is sooooo much more than the things we give up, which aren't good for us to begine with. Good luck and keep us updated.

Love, Mikie