SUGAR? is it bad for all of us???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin-z, Dec 19, 2005.

1. lin-z

lin-z New Member

HI I have been reading alot of posts about staying away from sugar and I do understand it comes from many sources. What does it really do to cause fm sufferers more problems? I dont eat much of it but am very curious how bad it is and why.. I will have an occasional glass of wine and i cant say I notice the difference. Thanks for your help!!!
  2. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I'm a 2 teaspoons a drink gal!

Looks like I'll have a lot of reading to do tomorrow.
    Cheers Stormy.
    Sue
  3. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

My daughter had one of the top breast cancer surgeons in the country for her mastectomy a few months ago. He told her that sugar directly incrases breast cancer cell growth...in fact the reason you get a glucose IV for a scan for cancer is because the cancer cells gobble it up quicker than the rest of the cells in the body and it helps highlight the cancer.

Jan
  4. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I must admit I havent heard sugar being compared to heroin before but i do understand that it is not good for the body. I think I am asking more in respect to causing more pain and initiating a flare regarding this dd. I dont think any "sugar plum fairies" will be dancing around this holiday!!!LOL!!!
  5. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

The main reason I try to avoid sugar is on account of how it depresses your immune system, a Lot!!!

I can't quite remember exactly the ratio that was told to me by one of my alternative docs, but it was really astonishing, like one teaspoon of sugar depressing your immune system 60% for like eight hours. I'm sure that's not exactly right, but it was something like that.

Also, good reason to avoid any type of sugar if you are getting sick, even fruits, so drinking juice or eating fruit while fighting a cold or the flu, really not a good idea.

Sbilek
  6. SherylD

SherylD Guest

raw sugar.. Is that ok to use. I love to bake and was wondering if I could use that instead.

Does anyone use it??

SherylD