Suger, Carbs???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeannedanna, Dec 5, 2002.

1. jeannedanna

jeannedanna New Member

I gotta know..is there a connection between the consumption of suger and carbs...and the pain...? is this common with Fibro.. I started out with a flu...ended up with not being able to move my joints...setteled in my knees...and stayed there...then migraine...hypoglycemia..panic attacks..and ended with menopause...this since 1987...I know Im getting old...but now Im hurting all over..and my knees are so bad I can't bend them...but this suger and carbs...thing..seems to make me even worse...anyone got any suggestions? Oh..and I have started taking Coral Calcium...Alka-Mine...the little sachats that you put in water...for about 3 weeks now..anyone else use this as opposed to Barefoots...which one is better??? and does anyone on Barefoots experience constipation....Thanks...
  2. jeannedanna

jeannedanna New Member

I gotta know..is there a connection between the consumption of suger and carbs...and the pain...? is this common with Fibro.. I started out with a flu...ended up with not being able to move my joints...setteled in my knees...and stayed there...then migraine...hypoglycemia..panic attacks..and ended with menopause...this since 1987...I know Im getting old...but now Im hurting all over..and my knees are so bad I can't bend them...but this suger and carbs...thing..seems to make me even worse...anyone got any suggestions? Oh..and I have started taking Coral Calcium...Alka-Mine...the little sachats that you put in water...for about 3 weeks now..anyone else use this as opposed to Barefoots...which one is better??? and does anyone on Barefoots experience constipation....Thanks...
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, there seems to be a connection to carbs and our symptoms. Most of us do much better on a low-carb/high-protein diet. Parasites in the body feed on sugar and that may account for part of the problem.

We need to avoid sugar in all it's forms and eliminate or go easy on white rice, white flour, and white potatoes. Do a search here on the word, diet, and it will bring up all the posts in which we have discussed this topic.

BTW, we also need to avoid Neutrasweet (Aspertame), caffeine, alcohol, and tobaccco of any kind. It's best to avoid refined foods, especially those containing MSG, artificial colors and artificial flavorings, as well as preservatives. Do not shop the center aisles of the supermarket. Buy fresh meat, fish, poultry, fruits, and veggies. It's much better for us.

Love, Mikie