Suggestions to ease the suffering of diarrhea?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by intrigue, Dec 14, 2005.

1. intrigue

intrigue New Member

Hi guys,

I am amidst my anti-viral IV's, anti-viral medications, and anti-bacterials (doxy), and I'm not feeling so hot. I've been on the abx and anti-virals for nearly a month, and yesterday was iv #5.

I've had really loose stools the last couple days.

As far as I know, this is just s herx type reaction. I've had other flu-like symptoms. I am under the impression its not good to take immodium or other over the counter meds for diarrhea. (I am taking pro-biotics by the way)

I was hoping someone might have a suggestion for a home remedy to ease my suffering while all the toxins are "passing" out of me. :)

-Ellen
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I use Metamucil caps for my IBS and it works very well to absorb and prevent loose stool.

People think it's just for constipation, but it works for diarrhea as well. Just buy a bottle and follow the directions.

Good luck!

Jeannette
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

helps with ibs....and my docotr tells me milk of magnesia i just can't hardly stomach the stuff...

jodie
  4. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

It stands for,

Bananas
    Rice
    Applesauce
    Toast

They are all bland/mild foods that won't upset the GI tract.

Doctors frequently recommend this diet to those with GI issues - for short-term use.

Hope you feel better!

peach
  5. blkkat

blkkat New Member

metamucil fiber wafers. good luck HUGS!!! BLKKAT
  6. rhonda357

rhonda357 New Member

Hi Ellen,
    I have the rarest form of colitis, collegenous colitis, and boy do I know about this subject. You will not believe this but I promise you that it works. Eat 2 coconut macoroon cookies, 1 in am and 1 in pm and also take Vitamin d with calcium 2 x a day and that will take care of it. I know it sounds nutty, but my gastro Dr told me and it works. Here's to better days.
    Rhonda
  7. Wasabi

Wasabi New Member

Activated charcoal is part of my doctor's protocol, as it helps reduce some of the symptoms of herxing. Essentially, charcoal binds toxins as they pass through your body.

Even before my doctor prescribed it, I've always taken it when I had diarrhea. It's also helpful when you're experiencing bloating or other abdominal problems.

Charcoal powerful enough to absorb some poisons too. Vets sometimes give it to animals that have swallowed poison.

Most of my doctor's patients take at least 30 charcoal capsules a day. I couldn't handle swallowing so many capsules, as I'm already taking about 40 pills a day (mostly supplements), so I take it in powder form. I mix it into water and drink it. It takes like mud water, but it works for me.

Hope this helps.