Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharria_airrahs, Mar 9, 2007.

1. sharria_airrahs

sharria_airrahs New Member

I have recently been DX'd with Fibromyalgia- I have had symptoms for a LONG time, but I guess I never put two and two together. I thought because I have Hypothyroidism, being tired was a part of life. But then the pain everyday, sleepless nights, and just being plain exhausted.

How does your spouse handle your problems? It seems like mine doesn't care. He gets mad if I sleep more hours than he does- I only work part time so I get the guilt trip that he works more than I do and he needs more sleep (even though I take care of our 2 year old ALL the time). And every time there is a fight, everything is my fault... You know, depression is part of this-- but how do I deal with my spouse? I've explained things to him, but it doesn't sink in. I guess if you don't know what the pain and tiredness is like, it is hard to comprehend.

We have been married awhile now, and I don't want to give up...

I wish there was a miracle drug that would help me sleep, take the pain away and take away the blues... :)

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Talk with your primary care physician about trying Cymbalta. It's a fairly new anti-depressant on the market which would help with your blues as well as the fibro pain.

You will start out on a low dose -- 30 mg. After 2-3 weeks, he/she will most likely move you to a 60 mg dose. Since you have a 2 yr old to take care of, I would suggest that you do what I do -- have the script written for 30 mg capsules, and take one in the AM and one in the PM, that way you won't feel drowsy all day long!

... and, my husband is still like yours, after 35 years!!