Sujay Or Madwolf help with blood work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by catnip51, Jul 9, 2003.

1. catnip51

catnip51 New Member

Please interepret for me: Normal

Protime 13.8 sec 11.0-14.5
    INR 1.2 Low 2.0 -3.5

APTT 40.5 High sec 31.0 - 39.0

Lupus Anticoagulant Reflex

PTT-LA 53.6 High sec 0.0 - 52.0
    PTT-LA Mix 46.3

My doc said everything normal, this to me is not normal when I've had alot of neuro stuff going on, dizziness, partial paralysis for a few seconds in legs, disorientation. MRA/MRV Normal Brain MRI - Minimal cortical atrophy which was not seen on first MRI, second was done with contrast with scattered foci of nonspecific white matter signal abnormality. Please explain to me what this could mean with INR, APTT,PTT-LA in not normal ranges.
    I'm really concerned about hypercoagualtion and I can't find anyone to listen to me in getting treatment. What's your opinions in the readings. Neuro won't listen and cardiologist won't either. They tell me I'm normal, wish I felt as normal as they say I am. I'm getting soo frustrated with docs.

Cathy
  2. catnip51

catnip51 New Member

bumping it up for response
  3. catnip51

catnip51 New Member

bumping for sujay or madwolf
  4. sujay

sujay New Member

I'd say those results bear further investigation. I'd check a D-dimer (to look for signs of coagulation) and repeat the Lupus Anticoagulant test in 6 weeks to see if it is still elevated. I'm not sure why your doctor would have said it was normal, but an abnormal test does need to be confirmed for doctors to agree that it is clincially significant. The Anti-cardiolipin Antibody should be tested (and confirmed at least 6 weeks later) to make the diagnose of Hughes' Syndrome (or Anti-phospholipid Antibody Syndrome, sometimes called Sticky Blood Syndrome). These are the two most commonly tested anti-phospholipid antibodies, but I find the ISAC Panel, which tests for variants of Anti-phospholipid Antibody Syndrome triggered by pathogens, is positive in almost all of my ME/CFS & FM patients. These same tests are used to monitor DIC, and there is some talk now among researchers about a non-overt form of DIC, which I think is another way to look at the problems we are all dealing with. Good luck finding a doctor to look into this for you. My son and I and many of my patients are feeling better and doing more than we ever dreamed possible because we took this theory seriously.

You are no doubt aware that I have posted several times on this topic, and Jellybelly has pointed out a lot of excellent references as well. Good luck in your search. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best wishes,
    Sujay

[ advertisement ]