Sujay--What is ISAC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stillfighting, Sep 4, 2003.

1. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

Sujay,
    Thanks for your advice on the antiphospholipid antibody stuff. I just read your bio, and I can really emphasize with your situation. I'm not a physician, but I am a highly educated professional who has been able to continue working only because of a very understanding supervisor.

One thing I had a question on is what does ISAC stand for? I'm hoping that the strategy we're using now will work, but thought it would be worth looking it up just in case.

I'm so glad you found something that works for you!

Hilary
  2. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

Thanks, Madwolf. Another mouthful! :)

The aspirin is because of the tendency to throw clots, not to help the spasms in the blood vessels. Anyway, I'm taking only one per day and it is enteric coated, so hopefully my gut will survive.

I really appreciate your concern, and it's good to know I'm not the only one going through this!

Hilary
  3. sujay

sujay New Member

Once again I've little to add once Madwolf has had a chance to post. I'm glad he sounds so enthusiastic about the Bromelain - must mean he's getting good results.

I do have 2 cents, down deep in my pocket! Remember that as long as the fibrin is covering the pathogen and keeping it from the immune system's attention you're less likely to suffer from all the symptoms brought on by the immune system's attack (fever, malaise, aches and pains). You should note improved energy and less brain fog. If you do that should encourage you to keep trying, but it can be a tough balancing act. Hope you're getting good help from your physician. It sounds like he's on the ball if he even THOUGHT about the possibility of Anti-Phospholipid Antibody Syndrome. (It's only been in the medical books since 1983.)

Good luck in your continuing search for health,
    Sujay
  4. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

I don't know whether it is a change in the weather (cooler and drier) or the plaquenil kicking in, but I've been feeling human for the first time in a long time since Friday. I'm just pleased with having several really good days in a row, and hope it lasts.

I'll keep you posted on how this treatment is working. Autoimmune responses are awfully tricky, and it seems as if many of the diseases doctors previously had no good explanation for have an autoimmune component, and are helped by knocking down the immune response a notch. Maybe FM/CFIDS falls in this category.

Hilary
  5. sujay

sujay New Member

You could be right. This sure is a tough way to find the answers to our questions. Thanks for sharing. Hope you keep having good news to report.

Sujay