Summer Picnics===Where ===What

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jun 27, 2008.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

If you and yours were to go on the ultimate Summer outing -Day Trip,,,Where would you Go and What would you pack in Your Picnic Basket??

I would love to Hike into a Mountian Lake (Short Hike!),,,,,,lol,,,,and sit on a blanket near the lake and watch the ducks and the Fish playing in the lake,,,,,,In the P=Basket would be Fried Chicken,,,,Potatoe Salad,,,,Watermelon,,,,Fluffy Biscuts,,,,and Double Chocolate Cake for Dessert,,,,,Oh Yes and Ice-Tea,,,,and Beer or Wine,,,,,if i could drink it,,,,I'm sure whoever was with me Could!,,,,lolol,,,,,,,

This Basket==Backpack would have to have a cooler compartment!,,,,after your lunch settles then you could go for a dip in the lake and maybe do some fishing,,,,,

Then you could lie back and catch a short nap before you Hike out,,,,,along the trail you could Name all the Trees and pick the wild Huckleberries and Rasberries,,,,,,Oh Yeah Don't forget your Camera and the Bear spray,,,,,Bug Spray and your Water bottle,,,,

This would be the ultimate Summer Day Trip for Me!,,,,,,,,,,,Please Share Yours if you like!,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 06/27/2008]
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

First off===Thanks for helping me spell the word picnic!,,,,,,,Lolol!,,,I'm so bad at spelling! Need to get that spell check thing going!,,,,,,!

I love the Cape May getaway! Oh' and the Ocean Sounds and smells,,,,Finding shells on the Beach,,and going Barefoot!,,,,,Oh corn on the Cob with real Butter!,,the portable Grill idea is a Great! then you could also make somores!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis,,p.s. off to find Cape May on google!

Found it!,,,,What a Beautiful Place!,,,,Lots of Great Looking Bed and Breakfast places,,,,and right out there on the tip of NJ.,,,the Ocean looks Beautiful,,,,,,,I've been to the Ocean a few times in my life off the coast of Oregon,,,and Washington State,,,Need to go again someday! Not getting any Younger!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/27/2008]
  3. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

Dh and I like to Landa Park, it is about a 25 minute drive from the house, it is so beautiful there.

They have lakes that are filled with large bass, and the water is so clear, great for fishing, they also have paddle boats, and many trails for walking.

They also have a little train that takes you around the park. There are several playgrounds as well, sometimes we will head out while our youngest is in school. We do enjoy our alone time.

In my profile is a pic from the last time we went.

4. sisland

sisland New Member

Sounds Wonderful! wish we had a park like that close by! we have a couple parks in Kalispell which is about a 15 minute drive from here that have the big ponds with alot of Ducks and hiking trails and alot of flowers and rose beds,,a big Pool and a Skate park,,,,but none the size your describing!,,,,,,,,,

We also have a Water slide park thats really neat,,,they have an old fashion Carisol (SP) pony ride and some bumper boats ,,,,a wooden life size Maze and some go cart tracks,,,,,a couple miniture golf courses,,,,,,,

love the photo in your Profile!,,,,The water looks so serene,,,the Duck is havin' a good time!,,,,,,,pretty soon you'll be able to do alot of fun things when your youngest graduates!,,,,,,,Sis
  5. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I do have 4 more years with the youngest, I am dreading the day he goes to college.

He is in Dallas with his sister right now, and the house seems so empty.

I had a really tough time when my 2 oldest moved out and away 2 years ago.

My daughter went to college, and my son into the military.
    I guess it empty nest is just another growing pain. My mother says that I will have it figured out sometime in my sixties.lolol

6. sisland

sisland New Member

I Know the Empty Nest thing all to well! I'ts Heartbreaking!,,,i'm slowly getting used to it,,,,My Babie Kym has been gone for 3 years now! and i remember the day she left i cried and cried,,,,so we are here for you when you need us!!

Thank Goodness they come home to visit! I'm Glad you have 4 more years,,,,,,do you have any pets? I got a puppy when they all left ,,,it's the only thing that saved me,,,,,,lolol,,,Sis
  7. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

Thank goodness for the pets.

I went through a baby craving stage after the oldest left, Dh and I were thinking of adopting, in fact we had the opportunity to get a baby without the wait, DH's Aunt is a social worker in Mexico, and a baby boy, was dropped off with her, and the mother dissappeared. We were the first people contacted.

It was a difficult decision, but we thought that it might not be the best thing for my fm. I cried for a while, and I realized that everything happens for a reason.

We got our dog shortly after that. He is just turned 2 in June. He is a big baby, he is a Bull Mastiff, and weighs in at 140 lbs.

Now that he is trained we are talking about getting another one, probably around Christmas time.

My sis was deployed for 6 mos. last year and I took care of our niece, she is 5, and I realized that even though she is wonderful, I am not able to do the things that I did when I was younger.....and not as sick as I am now so for now I will stick to dogs, save the babies for my kids.

8. sisland

sisland New Member

The idea of adopting has also crossed my mind alot!,,,But as you say and I know that there is no way our illnesses would allow us to be full time Moms to Babies ,,,,,

i truley do feel like it would be nice to have another little one around,,,BUT,,,,lol,,that would mean Sleep Deprivation and increased pain levels ,,Etc,,,,,,,

My Sister and Her Husband Were foster parents for years,,,and the little Gal that they were Fostering Became adoptable at 3 years of age ,,,,,

well they had had her for 2 1/2 years already and couldn't let her Go,,,they adopted her,,,,,shes 7 now and doing ok! She had some A-D-D going on and a few other problems going on,,,,,

but they are working through it,,,,,,,sister is 55,,,and her Husband is 61 and they have a 7 year old,,,,,it's Challenging to say the least!

Yeah i'm stickin' with the Dogs and the Kids can give us Grandbabies someday!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis,,,P.S. Bull Mastifs are Handsome Dogs!