Sunflower - enjoying your paintings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by windblade, Jul 23, 2013.

1. windblade

windblade Active Member

What kind of plant is your latest painting?

Did you give your SIL his present of the fountain and dog? That was so well done - very intricate tile patterns to paint.

Some of my favorite Still-Life and Flower painters are: Georgia O'Keefe, Elizabeth Blackadder, Nolde, Charles Demuth's watercolors. Love Hiroshige's prints! And Japanese and Chinese paintings.

You mentioned much time ago a video by Blackadder. Going to look that up now. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work! Oh - also love Chardin, such a powerful, quiet presence in his work.

Judy
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Thanks Judy. It's a cattaleya orchid. I know that's the wrong spelling but darn if I can find it in my dictionary. I'll have to look up those artists you mentioned.

By the way, how's the cleaning going on your husband's paintings?
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Sun - unfortunately he lost decades of paintings and drawings that were stored in our garage, shed and enclosed porch. A few that were safe he gave away. The rest had so much mold damage, and we've downsized. Don't have any outdoor space anymore to put things in the sun.

I was happy when he felt eager to start painting again. But will still be a few months - more cleanup of furniture - 3 antique pieces and lots of other things. But our new home - 2 floors of a house is starting to get cozy now.

Some of his newer work - acrylics was saved. I'm so glad because I love that series of paintings. He has a studio space here waiting for him.
  4. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I would so love to see some of his work. If you get around to it, maybe he could take some pics and you could post them here.