Sunglasses at night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hehmommy, Aug 24, 2005.

1. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

Do any of you find yourself doing stupid things? I don't know if it is a part of my FM not thinking or just because I am Polish. The other night I was driving home and I was having the hardest time seeing. For the life of me I could not figure out why. I got home and told my husband about it and thought maybe the lights weren't working on the car. He said, "Honey, were you wearing those sunglasses while you were driving?" I reached up and relaized yes indeed I had been wearing them the whole time. What a dork!! I am always forgeting things including where I have parked. Not a good thing when it is 100+ degrees outside with a toddler in tow.

Trish :)
  2. lovinlifeinAK

lovinlifeinAK New Member

the only thing I do is laugh at myself!!

The best one was we park in a locked gate area - have to have a badge to get in, so I just leave my keys in the ignition - well one day I came out to leave for the day and my car was running!!

It ran for 8.5 hours! thank goodness it didn't over heat.
  3. Meekah

Meekah New Member

I do stuff like that all the time. I can get in my truck to go to specific place and after having passed it by a lot of kilometres, I wonder where the heck it is that I was going.

When I bake I'm very funny about cleaning up the mess as I go. So as I put my baking in the oven everything is cleaned up and because of this I forget that I have something in the oven. I have to smell the burninbg before I realise what's going on.(This has happened soooo many times)lol

I'm also a multi-tasker so I do all the house cleaning at once. And then, of course, I forget what I was doing. So, I can have the toilet brush going and then before I finish, there I am folding clothes or stirring a pot. THen all of a sudden my 4 yr, old wants to go to the bathroom and there is a toilet brush sticking out of it!! Probably not a good idea to come for dinner at my house...lol One minute my hand is in the toilet and the other minute I'm stirring a pot...heehee.

I was reading your bio and we have a lot in common. I too am 36 and I have a 4 yr. old and a 9 yr.old. I have CFS and Fibro. And, I'm a teacher!!

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2005]
  4. SingFMAway

SingFMAway New Member

my husband and I were outside enjoying the nice weather when we heard an alarm go off.

"Huh, I wonder where that's coming from?"
    "Oh! Thats our FIRE alarm!"

Apparently, my husband had put the chicken jiblets on the stove (chicken was in the oven), and both of us had entirely forgotten (or not even made note of the fact) until the alarm alerted us to the fact that our kitchen was full of smoke!

At least the fire alarm worked, and there was minimal damage.

SingFMAway