Sunlight for CFS/FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AllWXRider, Dec 17, 2006.

1. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

Two generations ago, my gramma would tell me that sunlight was often the only "cure" for diseases. For Consumption (TB) sunlight was the only hope.

Dr. Paul Bragg N.D. mentions sunlight, not Noon Day UV burning stuff, but early morning, late afternoon light.

I started the afternoon sunlight treatments and I do feel better. I live in TX, so I can go outside and actually sweat a little. I get bad body odor real quick (toxin?). Sun goes down at ~6pm so its shower time. It really helps. I take hot baths and showers, they help but not like sunlight. I cruised the web and there are a bunch of "sunlight saunas". Its the long wave infrared (below red) or heat waves that soak into the skin and detoxify. My daughter is studying dietetics, she says that the sweat glands are the 3rd kidney of the body!

Reference: http://www.sunlightsaunas.com/what_is.htm

Does sunlight help anyone else?

If anyone is industrious, here are the elements that put out the long wave IR:
    http://www.ptc-heater.com.tw/red_heater_board_eng.htm

2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Hi there,
    I like your name.......I used to ride too, started when I was 6, up until I got FMS. I had a really good summer and I got back on a bike (riding is not as fun as driving!) a couple of times and it was awesome.

Back to the subject at hand. Yes, I do believe sunlight helps me. I was able to be pretty active outdoors this past summer, went to the beach 2 times a week, swimming at the College 3 x week, trips to the lake on the boat, etc. All I know is that I always feel better when I have been outside.

In the winter I go to the tanning booth 1 to 2 times every 2 weeks and that seems to help a bit.

Keep us posted on the sunlight/saunas, very interesting stuff.

Lynna
  3. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I am & always have beeen extremely sensitive to sunlight. Now that I get daily migraines, any light is hard on my eyes. As a kid I'd been hospitalized for sunstroke & always have burned in a matter of minutes. Once on a ski trip in mid winter I had severe blistering from the sun! I have to say that when I'm feeling the headache/ache coming on, I'll often have to walk over to the school to pick up my kids. WEll it helps alot just to get out...Fresh air/some sun...seems to help maybe it just gets my mind off things! Take Care, Laura
  4. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi allwxrider - I found this information to be very interesting and did some research a few months back. Below is some information I posted a while back.

Sun gazing is the action to stand bare footed on bare earth and gaze at the sun during safe hours. The safe hours are anytime within 1-hour window after sunrise or anytime within the 1-hr window before sunset.

Sungazing is a one-time practice of your lifetime usually for a period of 9 months. You can break up the practice in three phases. 0 to 3months, 3-6 months and 6- 9months.

Psychiatrists are observing that sadness is caused by lack of sunlight and even physical illness can be cured by sungazing.

Sungazing also has added advantage of getting vitamin A and D during the 1-hour safe period. Vitamin A is necessary for the health of the eye, the only vitamin that the eye requires.

Please note that I am not recommending sunazing.

Very interesting topic and thanks for posting ;)

Carolin
  5. turtlesyndrome

turtlesyndrome New Member

I love the sun. Getting outdoors always lifts my spirit. Although when I sun-bathe in the summer my cfs gets worse for a day or so after tanning. I'm Probably getting too much UV's at once. But I do think that sun plays an essential role in the well being of everyone. My aunt had severe CFS for about a year, and she says that laying out in the sun really helped her. She is one of the lucky few in that she only had CFS for a relatively short time.
  6. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I found that there is a Colonic clinic that has a sunlight sauna in my area (Fort Worth). Where I use to live (Wisconsin) it was almost always cloudy during the winter and no big windows to "sun" yourself.

I did some more digging, its the blue & green wavelengths (colors) that tell the pineal gland to move go to sleep mode. The UV-A produces vitamin D in the skin. UV-B tans and eventually burns. UV-C (an even shorter wavelength burns and is used as a germicidal lamp). Thankfully, our Ozone filters out most of the UV color.

Clouds absorb and reflect IR, so not much healing can be done then.

I remember the older style Holiday Inns that had the heat lamp on a timer when you got into the shower. They did away with those.

Prickles, where do you mount your Heat Lamp? Ceiling?