Sunshyne's Post From FMS Board

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Mikie, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

sunshyne1027
    (281)

Just sharing... 07/22/03 05:24 PM

Not really sure if its a good place to share this, but have to, because I am just happy and excited. Gotta let it out.

I have been going to chruch alot, a Christian church, for the past year. Growing, and becoming closer to God, and Jesus. I am taking a big step in my life this coming Sunday. Being baptized. It means so much to me. My life has gotton so much better. I have this love and happiness about me. Others around me say so too, that what I have become is something great. A big change.

I do not feel so alone anymore. The lonliness and feeling of being unloved, its no longer.

Its going to be a full body baptism. The water will be warmed up, and got assistance going in and out of the water. Thank goodness.

I got prayer a week ago. Since then, the pain in my legs and hips have gotton so much better. Took this long walk yesterday, then in a flare again. But then going to push through the pain, and keep walking, maybe the pain will let up in a few weeks.

Anyways, just wanted to share it all.

:)

Alert us BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

Jen F
    (611)

I am so glad for you 07/22/03 07:20 PM

that your life has gotten better.

That's good to hear.

May it continue to improve and may your blessings spread to all.

Great!

J.

BACK | REPLY - EDIT - DELETE - BAN

Mrs. B
    (128)

Dear Sunshyne 07/22/03 08:04 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am VERY happy to hear that you will be fully immersed baptized. God has healed my body several times throughout my life and even though I have FMS HIS word is true. HE has not given me more than I can handle. I have the memories of astonishing doctors on more than one occasion of my recoveries and the blessing of knowing that it was because of prayers. I have not prayed for recovery of this disease because I believe I have it for a reason and just as Job, my story may benefit at least one person. It seems to me that your story will too. Since you seem to be a new Christian, I feel obligated to inform you that the original King James Version is the ONLY one to read. I have studied this in depth and KNOW that you will be led astray by ANY other version. If you or anyone else would like to discuss this more thoroughly my email address is LisaBrossart@earthlink.com I know it's not wise to post that but, I believe it's important and God will take care of things.... I will be out of town for the next week though but, will catch up when I get back.

God bless,

Lisa
    [This Message was Edited on 07/22/2003]

Lendi
    (248)

Celebration of your new birth 07/22/03 08:09 PM

That's wonderful! Good for you. That's a hard step to take, but you will never ever regret taking it. Lendi

Susan07
    (178)

Just sharing 07/22/03 08:26 PM

I am so happy for you.

If you will click on the Message Boards tab at the top of the page you'll find a board for Worship. I'm sure as this board helps with our illness, the Worship one will help you grow in your faith.

Congratulations!

sunshyne1027
    (281)

Thank you.... 07/22/03 11:43 PM

I will check the worship board out for sure. I went to 2 baptism meetings the last two weeks, learned alot, and just feel so happy, feel like I am going to burst! Made new friends too. Five of us is doing the baptism. Its going to a wonderful day for sure. Supposed to celebrate also that day. What a day to celebrate, we have all sorts of activities at our church that day. Its like a church family reunion, with games and activities. Got a chilli cookoff and dessert cookoff going on. I entered the chilli one. Doing tye dyeing, got a live outdoors Christian Rock concert at the end of the day. A big Pot Luck dinner too.

Some of my family, we don't get along, from past abuse and just growing apart. I sort of missed not having a family really. I feel like the Church is my family now, another empty spot filled in my heart. I wish the same for all, to gwow spiritually. Its changed my life. Better able to deal with Fibro now.

Thanks for all the responses, and didn't mean to write so much more.. :)

Hopefloats
    (7)

SO Happy for you 07/23/03 04:28 AM

Hi.....I am SO happy for you. A long time ago a nice woman sent me a card when I was in the hospital and told me about how much prayer would help. I can only say that it DOES.
    You have my blessings and I am so thrilled for you!!!!!!!
    God Bless:>)
    Hopefloats

2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I appreciate this so much. I am glad there is a worship board. Hard to talk about it on the other one.

Had a nice day so far, went into school, did job searches, placement things.. Then out to lunch with a friend..Who was so important to me on my road to becoming a Christian. Had some great talks about it too. Told her about this place.. and she may join too. She is going to be witness, there for me for baptism on Sunday.

Most of the time when I pray, I have so much to say. Asking for guidance, bringin issues up, crying, things like that. Last night, it was cool. I didn't, couldn't think of much to say, just bowed my head, and smiled. Felt the smile back too. Then said amen.

There is a class at Church, on learning how to pray. I am new to it, think I am going to take it.

:)