Super greens or miracle greens? What do the greens do for us?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Mar 4, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I am on so many things I don't know when I could fit anything else in. But now that my body is detoxing is it good time to add the greens or afterwards?? What greens do peple like? I see this site carries Miracle Greens and Super Greens I believe. Anyone have any luck with these? Is it better to drink the greens or take a pill? Does the drink taste gross? Can you herx off of these as well?

I am just wondering if I need it.

Thanks!
  2. Inishfree

Inishfree New Member

The Miracle Greens are good. My sister told me to mix them with frozen berries and soy milk but I couldn't digest it very well and it now sits in my refrig.
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

I didn't think I would be able to stomach them so if you have any suggestions or maybe tablets are better??
  4. maps

maps New Member

I take them mixed with pure lemon juice. almost like a shooter. I also curl my tounge so I direct it strait down.

All I have left is a refreshing lemon tast. I was soo happy when they came out as I just can't eat vegetable.

There are newer ones now that also have fuit in them you can actually mix the with your shakes but I think they have to much suger for me.

regards maps
  5. jane32

jane32 New Member

Do you think you still need them if you eat a super healthy diet with just vegetables and some fruits?
  6. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I do green drinks because they give me energy and help make me more alkaline. When we are sick, we tend to be consistently too acidic and the drinks will hopefully help keep us from getting cancer too, since tumors thrive in an acidic environment. I really don't like the taste, kinda like Stormyskye and prunes!! But, I drink Green Magma, it's not too bad.

Try adding diluted juice at first if you just can't drink it and then slowly back off on the amount of juice. I can't add juice to it but, I still drink like 32 ounces a day. This helps with the die off of detoxing.

Good luck with it!!

skierchik
  7. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I used to put green food powder (not these brands) into my freshly juiced veggie drink. It was not as tasty as without the greens, but it worked just fine.

I stopped just because of focusing on so many other things, and I stopped juicing. But recently I got that juicer back out.

Good luck.
  8. jane32

jane32 New Member

everyday or once a week?

Maybe when I have things a little more under control I will try the juicing bit I am just now learning to cook from scratch...:)
  9. chopindog

chopindog New Member

I have seen some pills that claim to work just as well. Has anyone tried these. And do you think that it is possible to get the nutrients in a pill form? I am skeptical so I haven't bought any , but maybe someone else out there has.

Joy
  10. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I started taking Ultimate Greens (from this site) and just add it to the Shake. Can't even taste it that way and it's one less thing to think about where to add it in. I started with 1/2 scoop and worked my way up to 1 full scoop.

After everything else is mixed together, I add the last 3 dry things: ground flax seed, whey protein and Ultimate Greens. Just a quick final blend, and it mixes right in.

If I recall you are drinking the shake, right?
  11. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I've been taking some from ProHealth's store called Super Multiple II with 850 mg of Green Super Foods per serving. They aren't very much, and these days I have trouble "stomaching" food. I've been taking these nearly one month now. What I liked about these is that they are vitamins and greens.

I'm also taking the Pro-Dophilus from the store here.

I expect that it will take at least 2 - 3 mos to notice any difference.

12. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I use Inner Light Super Greens. I put a scoop in with my smoothie in the morning and don't even taste it.

Be careful not to take more than 2 scoops a day or you'll start urninating every 10 minutes as the body starts flush like crazy. [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2006]
  13. jane32

jane32 New Member

Wow! A lot of you are taking some form of greens.

Stormskye...what brand do you take?

Twinma-I am not on the shake -I tried it but I just could not get it to taste right I was going to try agin but then I started the leap program and I can't have a lot of those ingredients for awhile.
  14. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I drink 32 ounces every other day or more. Depends where I am that day. Today, detoxing has been rough, so I'm drinking it. It helps to push some of the crap out.

So sorry to hear you have fevers. I still have them too, but mine are improving. As you know I am detoxing through my doctor. I posted all the protocols. But I think what's helped with the fevers is addressing the immune system. Since your gut and the area around it is 70% of your immune system, it is important to heal the gut and keep it in tip top shape.

What do you do for your immune system?

skierchik