super sensitive to heat, cold, noise, light and pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RatLuver, Sep 17, 2003.

1. RatLuver

RatLuver New Member

Does anyone else here have any of these annoying sensitivities? I'm either too hot or too cold, when others seem fine. I must wear earplugs to movie theatres and meetings when people clap their hands. I can't go out in daylight without sunglasses on. I'm very pain sensitive which doctors don't believe, they say "oh you don't feel pain any worse than anyone else." Doctors want to believe that we all come from the exact same mold - we don't.
    Tricia - RatLuver
  2. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Tricia,

I too have the hot/cold sensitivities, mainly cold-cant stand it. I also have to wear sunglasses a lot when I'm outside, especially if it's cloudy b/c of the type of light it is. I hate flourescent lights...they give me headaches if I'm in them too long. Sometimes I've been known to wear light-colored sunglasses (pinks, yellows) while driving at night b/c the lights blind me so badly. If I can avoid driving long distances at night, I will. Or I'll have someone else drive. Noise, most definitely. My mate has some hearing difficulties b/c he's a mechanic. Lots of times, he has to deal with listening VERY carefully instead of turning up the volume b/c of me. Pain, I'm not sure. I think--well, know--that I sense pain differently than most. Some days are worse than others though. One day I'll be okay, the next I can't stand to be touched cuz it hurts too bad. All the symptoms vary daily for me. Well, g2g. My arm has just gone numb for no reason.

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
  3. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

I hate bright lights. I turn off the overheads at work and use 3 small lamps. Noise - I am always asking my husband to turn down the TV. I know he gets tired of hearing it. And, I am always hot or cold, especially at work where I have no control over the thermostat. Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to know we are not alone.
  4. RatLuver

RatLuver New Member

Hi Serena,
    What is the exact title of the book that mentions this, and the author's name? Thanks.
    Tricia - RatLuver
  5. Chrissy3

Chrissy3 New Member

I sit at my desk and continually turn the fan on and off all day long. I shut the blinds at the window when it is sunny and the Boss opens them again. It drives me mad. When everyone is talking at once and I cant take anymore,I go and sit in the toilet for a few minutes, so now everyone thinks I have a weak bladder!!

Im so pleased it isnt just me - its no picnic thats for sure
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please go to our library and read Dr. Cheney's article on Klonopin. It does an excellent job of explaining why we have sensory overload, insomnia, anxiety, and muscle spasms.

Love, Mikie
  7. hope-floats

hope-floats New Member

If any of you also have dry, gritty eyes along with the photosensitivity, you should have your eyes examined by an opthomologist. I had a corneal dystrophy that caused me to have corneal erosions. The photo sensitivity and dry, gritty eyes were warning signs, but I didn't know it. It's always a good idea to have thin;gs checked out, because it could be something else and later on cause you much more pain. It took 7 months for the erosions to heal and cease.