super sensitive to heat, cold, noise, light and pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RatLuver, Sep 17, 2003.

1. RatLuver

RatLuver New Member

Does anyone else here have any of these annoying sensitivities? I'm either too hot or too cold, when others seem fine. I must wear earplugs to movie theatres and meetings when people clap their hands. I can't go out in daylight without sunglasses on. I'm very pain sensitive which doctors don't believe, they say "oh you don't feel pain any worse than anyone else." Doctors want to believe that we all come from the exact same mold - we don't.
    Tricia - RatLuver
  2. opalgem

opalgem New Member

Yes, I drive my husband insane with this. I am scared to drive because I am so light sensitive and the sun even on overcast days about tortures me. At work the floresent lights drive me wild and I jump at every little sound. A dog barking, a child yelling, etc. Especially any sudden noise like that. Loud tvs, radios make me want to scream. Worse of all are sirins blaring. When I'm driving and hear a siren I about drive off the road no matter what direction it came from. I about panic and pull off to the side. I get embarrassed when there is no sign of a Firetruck or ambulance and people drive by me like I'm a nut case. Also, I go through the hot/cold thing. Fan on/off, sweater on/off all day long.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/18/2003]
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I notice that I'm much more sensitive when I'm either tired or about to ovulate. I don't think my husband really thinks about it much, but we were on vacation this summer (about as relaxed as I get) and he saw first hand how much unexpected loud noises get to me.

We were in a Burger King, eating, and the family next to us was getting ready to leave. A teenager with them got up rather abruptly, and his chair fell over right next to me. I jumped about a foot, then started crying -- my heart was racing, my hands were shaking, and I could just 'feel' anxiety descending. It took about five minutes for me to calm down. My husband was visibly shocked, because it was obvious to him that I wasn't faking. I don't think he quite *got it* before that.
  4. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

Hi Tricia.I am also supersensitive to all these things.Getting a piece of toast from the grill burns my fingers so much and any loud noise has me all jittery.The hot weather here in uk makes me so ill and 2 mins in sun burns me.I am sensitive to anyone touching me at all and have to wait til its dark before i can sit outside.If i accidentley knock any part of my body on anything i cry out,So tell your doc he is wrong!!!!!!!
    Have a cotton wool wrapped day lol
    RENA UK
  5. kim840

kim840 New Member

Good Morning,

I have all these sensitivities but not to that degree.

I think I would seek a new doc. They are out there, the ones who really care and WANT to help. As tedious as it is, I think I'd keep looking.

You're in my prayers.

Marcia
  6. CreateHope

CreateHope New Member

I did a internet search on peroxynitrites, as I am also sensitive to the elements, and it brought me back to an article that's right on this website:

Fibromyalgia, Excessive Nitric Oxide/Peroxynitrite and Excessive NMDA Activity
    ImmuneSupport.com

02-26-2003

By Martin L. Pall

Have the nonbelievers who are close to us read this!
    Kate

7. RatLuver

RatLuver New Member

Hi all,
    Thanks for all the emotional support and advice. I've gotten more useful info here from fellow Fibro people than I ever did from any doctors!
    Thank you, :cool:
    Tricia - RatLuver
  8. lga83

lga83 New Member

Certain noises drive me crazy. I cannot handle any type of whistling or whistles... I just about go buzurk! I cannot stand the cold weather though I live in a relatively mild climate... no snow. Still if I am not dressed like a down filled marshmallow my joints/muscles ache, and my body begins to tense and shake.
  9. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

and now it most often feels too noisy for me

:-(
  10. skychomper

skychomper Member

i am way sensitive to noise- scraping a pot or pan or loud noises make me cringe. and sometimes watching the tv is sensory overload for me. Im also extremely sensitive to pain now too- used to be pretty tough, but even a dental cleaning is like murder.
    I also tend to get very startled very easily. well Im going to read about that article now
    skychomps
  11. CreateHope

CreateHope New Member

I can't stand it when people scrape their silverware on dishes. It drives me nuts. I also can't wear a watch as the ticking bothers me.
    I also have a very low threshold for pain. Getting my nails done is like torture chamber, so I quit doing that.
    Kate
  12. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi Tricia, I know what you mean about the sunglasses. I have them all the time. I have clip ons that go over my regular glasses, and I have three other pairs in various shades of darkness. I suffer from uveitis which is an autoimmune condition of the eye and when it flares up it is excruciating. At that point I don't go out the house; I stay in with the shades drawn! But I am always photosensitive whether I am flared up or not. As far as noise goes don't like that much either; it makes me very edgy.

Good wishes,
    Michelle

[ advertisement ]