Supplement advice madwolf please (long, again)!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by benton, Jun 6, 2003.

1. benton

benton New Member

Madwolf

Sorry to bother you again.

Im going to try and get hold of some of those supplements you recommended to me tomorrow. I found a local supplier of a supplement which contains 'calcium 333mg magnesium 133mg and boron 1mg' all in one tablet. How many of these would i take a day? Would it be ok to take a multivitamin with it?Are there any 'over the counter' supplements i could also take? Im worried about taking too many things, is it safe?
    At the moment im taking dioclofenac 10mg, which i believe is an anti-inflammatory, celexa 10 mgs and painkillers called co-proxamol.
    Is there anything else i can take to help with the pain that i can buy myself? My shoulder is really bad, its burning and has a terrble trickling feeling inside like its bleeding under the skin. The skin feels so cold, yet its burning inside and has very sharp stabbing pains in it.

Thank you so much for your help and advice, i really appreciate this. Im in england and have nobody i can ask about this. I hate putting on you, once i can try and get myself stable i promise not to hassle you for a while!! LOL

God bless

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx

2. benton

benton New Member

3. benton

benton New Member

Madwolf

I cant afford all of the supplements but can get magnesium, calcium, boron, multivitamins and acidophilus easily tomorrow.

Thanks for your help madwolf. I really appretiate it. xx

God bless

Benton
    (Mandy)
    xx
  4. vinetti23

vinetti23 New Member

Madwolf,

Do you know if Calcium and Magnesium interfere with the absorbtion of neurontin and klonopin? I never took cal & mag in the PM bc of this, but now that you mention it can interfere w/ hormones if taken during the day... Im wondering if I should change my habits.
  5. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I'm sorry to ask, you seem to be getting bombarded!! But I must...

I know that you should take the Calcium and Mag at the same time, preferably at bedtime. I also know that iron may bind to calcium to make it unabsorbable.

My question is about my mag supp. I take Source Naturals Magnesium Malate, which contains a small amount of iron (only 0.6mg per 3 tabs = 424mg mag). Hope you can interpret that equation!! My fog has rolled in... Anywhooo, should one avoid ALL iron with calcium, or do you think that small amount would be allright?

I'm currently taking my mag-malic in the morn or noon, and the calcium at night for fear of contradictions.

Again, I'm sorry, but I've been wanting to ask you that for a long time!! Thanks so much, hon.