Supplements and Flying

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pasara, Feb 21, 2008.

1. pasara

pasara New Member

Can anyone advise me about supplements and flying and customs/security inspections? I am going to Mexico and....mmm...sun, white sand, tan shoulders,...oh, er, sorry, lost my train of thought there, um...ahem,yeah, where was I? Oh yeah,

so going to Mexico and trying to figure out how to most efficiently pack all these dang supplements I take. Obviously I would prefer not to pack ten different jars in my bag. If I pack them some other way will I have hassles going through customs? Is it better to have them in the original packaging? Should I just carry a list so that I can tell them what each is? They are not prescription medications obviously.

What is the best way to handle this. I don't want ICE to get all caught up in the vitamins and find the diamonds I am smuggling. That would be a bummer.
  2. pasara

pasara New Member

3. victoria

victoria New Member

My DH just flew into Guadelajara, he takes about 40 different supplements/day (nope, not kidding); this time he sorted each day's worth into individual ziplock bags, enough for 20 days... he had no problem at all.

We have also driven into Mexico, together and separately. Only once did a MX border guy look inside his luggage in car, and raised his eyebrows at all the vitamin jars (not ziplocks that time). In fact he had one suitcase just to take all the bottles since he was worried otherwise they might be confiscated.

My DH's friend just looked at the guard, made the sign for 'crazy' and said, "es loco", and the guy laughed and waved them on.

Where are you flying? I so wanted to go on this trip around Morelia, but am dealing with my protocol trying to get better/get this over with... we are actively looking for a place to relocate, so I'm letting him do the initial legwork.

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 02/22/2008]
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

My hubby flies all the time with his medications and supplements in the plastic Sunday to Saturday divided containers.

I don't think he's ever been questioned about them.

We use these weekly pill containers at home anyway and they pack easily in large zip lock bags.