Supplements for Fatigue, Testimonies?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Eve612, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

Has anyone used anything that helped with crushing fatigue, so bad that you just dont' want to get out of bed? If so, I would love to hear what it is & how it helped you...I am getting desperate. I feel like I am going backward, instead of forward!

Eve
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have FM, and only get fatigue now and then for a few days at a time, but the only thing that has helped was taking Pro Energy (Malic Acid and Magnesium Glycinate), and I also take ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vitamin B-6) the latter for deep sleep. But since taking the ZMA I have had fatigue incidents less frequent.

The board is slow today, so you might want to keep your post bump up for others to respond who have CFS. They maybe able to help more than I.

Sure hope you find some help soon.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

4. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

Bumping this great idea for a topic!

cristine
  5. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

When I first was diagnosed with CFS,(I'm the opposite of you, I have the terrible fatigue, & not much pain) I took a product that contained Malic Acid, & it made me slightly nauseous. Did the Pro Energy ever do that to you?

Eve
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Andree, the Magnesium Glycinate is better absorbed by the body than most other types of magnesium.
    Magnesium Citrate is also wonderful, but it will cause diarrhea if taken in too large a dosage. Malic Acid is an ingredient in Apples, and helps to boost the body's energy source. (the old'An Apple a Day keeps the doctor away' thing). Combined together they make a good combination for us.

Eve, I have no problem with nausea with the 'Pro Energy', and I take it on an empty stomach with a glass of water. Yes, I also have IBS, and there are a lot of supplements I can't take.

This particular one is advertised as; 'without stomach upset', and its true. I have been taking Pro Energy now for 3 years.

Hope this helps ladies.

Shalom, Shirl

7. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

I am going to check out the Pro Energy & see if it will help me!

Eve
  8. Eve612

Eve612 New Member

Bek,

I am taking 200 mg of Co Q-10 daily, all of the B vitamins.I have never heard of the other one that you mentioned, but will see if I can find the website...

Thanks,

Eve
  9. Puffmama

Puffmama New Member

About fatique. Yes, I had decent energy and cessation of pain when I tried a supplement called Fibro-Response, which was recommened to me by a relatives Aunt who owns a health store in Boca Raton. She has dealt with alot of FM sufferers over the years of owning the shop and she told me this is the supplement that many folks have great results with. I believe I may have had the same because in one weeks time I had begun to walk better, without the needles and cramping muscle pain, also felt mentally happier and more alert. The only problem with the Fibro-Response regimen was that it contained two herbs which can raise blood pressure, and I have high blood pressure which is controlled. Licorice and Ginseng are contraindicated for high blood pressure and that must be the reason my BP began to rise, in spite of the fact that I really wanted to be able to use this product because I truly began to feel good. Try it, it may be just the thing for you. I took a break from it, and decided that I might pick all the other vitamins and herbs from the list of about 30 ingredients on the back, and that means that you have a lot of seperate bottles and costs to contend with. However, part of what I had read about, and now seems to be confirmed on this message board, is that Magnesium and Malic Acid help. I purchased a Mag-Cal-VitD combo and the fact remains that I am still experiencing less pain than at the onset, but now I have another problem, which is possibly to do with too much Calcium or D? The disturbing symtom is ice cold hands. I get this during the day , ususally afternoon, and I take most of my meds and supplements in the A.M. at breakfast. This is distressing because now I am trying to analyse what is wrong with this combination. I take Inderal LA,Dyazide, Xanex(usually at night), although sometimes during the day, especially since I am just weaned off Zoloft. Other than that CoQ10,Multivitamin,Lecsithin, Grapeseed extract, and Red Rice Yeast for high colesterol. I know I threw alot in this message, but I just kept going once I started typing. I'm just so glad to see what helps people, and I have been around the block with doctors and scripts, and made a decision to try to cut as far back on regular scripts as I could because I was tired of trips to the emergency room from weird side effects. I want to go natural, but I'm having weird side effects from the present combos too. If anyone knows anything about too much Calcium or Red Rice Yeast, with Inderal please let me know. The doctor does'nt think I should read anything about my condition on the internet"because it just confuses the issue", let alone ask him this question. Doctors I know, don't know much about drugs it seems, they just give them to you. Thanks, and hope this isn't too confusing or irritating to anyone.Puffmama
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I always get a boost from my chewable vitamin C.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]