supplements for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue that work for you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clamhr, Jun 24, 2010.

1. clamhr

clamhr New Member

I sure could use some help on vitamins/minerals/herbs that work for you for fibro. i'm taking CoQ10, magnesium w/malic acid, chromium picolinate, and milk thistle for the liver for detoxxing. i've heard of ribrose; has anyone use this before?

would like all the information i can get regarding supplements to see if perhaps there is something i'm not aware of that will be beneficial in relieving this fatigue. thank you all
  2. roge

roge Member

hi, i have found supplements that help the mitochondria have helped with my energy.

acetyl carnitne and carnitine
    magnesium (natural calm brand)

also, b12 hydroxy has helped too but i think as i was low to deficient as my b12 serum was low normal and my methylmalonic acid was high which is a marker for b12 deficiency.

i would say nadh has been the most helpful to me though re: energy and has a nice side effect of better mood as it does increase both dopamine and seretonin. i actually feel it boosts dopamine more than seretonin and am finding that dopamine helps me more than seretonin , could be as i have atypical RLS (i have sleep onset myoclonus) and some believe low dopamine is a factor in RLS. i have fm and me/cfs.

good luck
  3. roge

roge Member

forgot to say :

gillhams liquid multi is the best i have ever tried, could be as my gut is in bad shape and thus it is better absorbed. but i also find it is some what energizing.

and a good B complex too has been helping me

[This Message was Edited on 06/25/2010]
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

B 12 Complete helps my fatigue.
    I take Calms Forte for help with sleep.
    I also take vitamin A + D which seems to help my muscles a lot.