supplements that have helped me - available at Pro Health

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acesk, Sep 24, 2005.

1. acesk

acesk New Member

I have had fibro for 2 years - malic acid has helped me a lot - they sell it here at ProHealth for a very good price - cheaper than my health food store.

Also, Omega 6 and Omega 3 oils have helped me. Glucosamine and condrodin (sp??) have also helped. I see they sell them here on the board - also better pricing than my store!

I just got in the mail NADH 5 mg - someone else had written about it for energy - took my first one this a.m. - had to take on an empty stomach and not eat for 30 minutes - I feel better now - don't know if it is the placebo effect or it is actually working!

Also, I take Ultracet - rx for the pain and tart cherries for the pain - also doctor started me on Lunesta for sleep last week - works great!

Sue in Florida
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This was about to roll over so thought I would give it a bump.

Love, Mikie
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

For you ............ Elsa
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sue:
    I order from PH and love their catalogs. I'm choosing what I'm going to try next month. I think you just helped me.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

do the Omega oils do for you? Do you have CFS? I have been looking for a magic bullet for 20 years. Right now I am trying B Vitamins under the tongue for more energy. Haven't done anything yet, not even for my tongue.
  6. acesk

acesk New Member

I have fibro, not CFS, and the Omega oils help my joints and my pain level. The NADH 5 mg is supposed to be for energy - just have taken for 2 days now and it is working! I had a ton of energy (much more than usual) yesterday. We'll see it it keeps working.

Sue in Florida
  7. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I think the Omega oils are supposed to help/enhance the function of the mitochondria... otherwise known as the powerhouses of the cells...

I take 8 capsules a day.. and I noticed a difference in well-being in 6 weeks.

I order mine from England.... the brand is VegEPA...My doc also said Efamol.. (which is also only available in England) is very good too.

If you google VegEPA you can find it.. It does not include DHA ... someone else on the board mentioned they prefer a version with DHA...

Sue. wondering about the most beneficial amount of Enada/NADH... I take 10mg a day.... Also, what brand do you use?

Cheers
    Delia
  8. deliarose

deliarose New Member

If the Vit B12 tabs don't work, what about Vit B12 shots?

That's what I take... and it seems many others too.

I take 1cc every other day. Too early to say what the effect is....

Cheers
    Delia
  9. acesk

acesk New Member

I take the less expensive NADH on ProHealth web site - they have 2 brands.

Sue in Florida