Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acdb, Apr 22, 2010.

1. acdb

acdb Member

I am guessing a lot of people use supplements. My money is spent on medications that reduce my symptoms, but like you all I still have problems; mostly fatigue, brain fog, pain. If you could only take one supplement, which one would you take that you would recommend?
  2. dory4three

dory4three New Member

Hi, The supplements that I can't be without is: A really good probiotic, make sure that is has live cultures in it, remember that 70% of your immune system is in your gut, CoQ10 ( I take 100 in the morning and 100 at night, D-Ribose (one scoop twice a day) and Carnitine. I take alot more stuff but those are my favorites.
    I was on the couch sick with cfs for about 13 years. I couldn't answer the door without crashing. Now I go every day. I still take a day to recharge here and there, but then I'm at it again. Yesterday I did a vitamin I.V. drip at a cancer center. They have really good stuff in their I.V.s :}
    best of luck
  3. acdb

acdb Member

Thank you. I think I will read around before posting again. I did not realize that I had posted on the Health board too. I thought my post just did not make it. It was my very first time. Do I have to log in to each board separately? I did not know the message boards are not linked together.

Thanks for your replies, Jam and dory. Very helpful information.
  4. acdb

acdb Member

Thanks, Jean.
  5. cfs since 1998

cfs since 1998 New Member

If I could only take one it would probably be olive leaf extract. It seems to be a good natural antiviral and I definitely believe viruses play a major role in ME/CFS, XMRV or not.
  6. winsco1

winsco1 New Member

especially if you are over 40. It won't help the fibro pain but if you are vitamin d deficient you can experience pain that is similar to fibro pain and if your pain can be reduced even a little bit thru something so simple and so affordable then its worth it. take care, Sara
    [This Message was Edited on 04/25/2010]