supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karkel, Jan 22, 2011.

1. karkel

karkel New Member

Ok I read over and over you all take supplements.....can you tell me what and how much ? Also if you take pain meds with them . I have Cymbalta but I am really really afraid to even try one. I have 3 years left till retirement. I can deal on a daily basis taking one vicodin ...but I know soon I will have to take more and more and that scares me. Has anyone been told this is in our minds ? Thx Karkel
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

>>>Has anyone been told this is in our minds ?<<<

Yes. I don't think there is anyone here who hasn't been told that by at least one person. Those are the people that you want out of your life if at all possible.
  3. karkel

karkel New Member

MY pain is in the back of neck,and legs ......I've been told I have severe arthritis..I'm 51. I also am tired alot. One thing I'm NOT is depressed..Life is good, good job ,great family and I love Christ ! I'm no bible thumper I do drink and enjoy Happy Hour but I do enjoy church and like the way it makes me feel. I don't want to take a antidepressant cause I'm not depressed. If I can fiqure what supps will help I'll take that along with my one vicidin a day..I mix miralax every morning with my coffee so I have no problem with consipation
  4. karkel

karkel New Member

I SEE WHERE SOME SITES SELL ONE PILL FOR FIBROMYALGIA DO YOU STILL TAKES OTHERS WITH THSI ? oR DOES IT HAVE ALL YOU NEED IN ONE ?
  5. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

anticonvulsant type meds like lyrica, neurontin or topamax can help alot with pain and reduce the amount of other pain meds. The only thing with these meds is that u have to taper off them slowly. ALso tramadol is quite a good pain med, i have used a slow release med for chronic back pain without any issuses of tolerance issies or withdrawal problems