Support/Compression stockings

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Feb 8, 2007.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

One of my chief complaints recently has been really sore legs. At night I wake up with what feels like charlie horses and durring the day they just "hurt".

I was wondering if anyone has had success with pain reduction and less "tiredness" in you legs using them. I'm a guy so I don't know much about stockings at all but I'm willing to try anything at this point.
  2. LACurrry

LACurrry New Member

like it might be a good idea....my legs are one of my most painful areas most times....I used to wear light support hose when I worked and dressed up....it did help. I might have to try this again.

Let us know if you try them and if they help you at all. Thanks for reminding me of this!!
  3. dononagin

dononagin New Member

what do you have to lose?? I think it can't hurt.. might help... so why not?
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Geez, you just reminded me that I used to wear support hose for my painful legs, and that they helped!

Thank you, I'm going to buy some this week and put them on again.

findmind
  5. cczub

cczub New Member

I'm going to give them a shot... I looked around last night and they aren't cheap. I'm wondering what the diffence between the 15.00 and 30-50 pairs are!
  6. Calleigh

Calleigh New Member

Last year I got a prescription from my doctor for 4 pairs of compression stockings, and I forgot all about it! Brain fog, ya know!!!

Now... I wonder where that prescription is. Hmmmmm.
  7. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Where is your pain in your legs? MIne was mostly in my calves, so I went to the local drugstore and bought two Mueller neoprene adjustable calf supports. They seem to help quite a bit and also add a bit of soothing warmth.

Best of luck.
    Mini