Support group in Dayton

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by melodee49, Oct 11, 2006.

1. melodee49

melodee49 New Member

I have looked high and low, and with no luck, for a fibro support group in the Dayton, Ohio area. DOes anyone know of one? I am even willing to start one. I have no one who understands what I am going through, and it looks like it is going to be for the long haul. I was very ill after I had a hysterectomy, and I said that I would not tolerate a chronic illness very well. I'm doing better than I thought I would. I was diagnosed with fibro about 3 years ago, but had symptoms for some time before that. I have even wondered if all the trauma from the hysterectomy caused this. I would love to be able to talk to poeple who go through this too.
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

The button on the top right of this page in purple. Have you tried that yet? Also I beleive the CFIDS website has support groups listed as well.

Good Luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
  3. melodee49

melodee49 New Member

I have also found the email address for the DAyton Self help Clearinghouse. If anyone wants the info, it is community@fsadayton.org
    I checked the purple button and nothing was listed, but thanks for the info.[This Message was Edited on 10/11/2006]
  4. mildred623

mildred623 New Member

There was one several years ago at Kettering Medical Center but I heard it was no longer active. You might want to call the hospital to make sure though. Also you could try and call the United Way Information and Refferal Help Line. The number is in the phone book.
    Hope this helps you.
    Good Luck
  5. melodee49

melodee49 New Member

I have found the Cincinnati meetings, but just too far away. I live in a northern suburb of Dayton. I did not know of the
    CFS meeting in Dayton. The address to contact isn't too far from home, so maybe the group is too. Thanks so much for the caring. Melanie