Support Group in Richmond - Gongee

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by adberens, Aug 22, 2006.

1. adberens

adberens New Member

Gongee, You mentioned that you were going to a support group in Richmond. I am interested in knowing more about it. Where does it meet? What are the topics of discussion?

ADBerens
    [This Message was Edited on 08/22/2006]
  2. adberens

adberens New Member

3. adberens

adberens New Member

4. gongee

gongee New Member

Hi ADBerens

Yes, a lady by the name of Kathy Posch started this group.
    My first meeting was to be the first part of this month, but I had so many doctor appointments I couldn't go. It was held at California Pizza (Short Pump Mall). They had lunch,
    talked, and then if you were able they got in a little walking and shopping together.

The next meeting is Sept 15 at a cafe in Ashland and then on to a bakery in the same area. Kathy didn't know the name of the place when she e-mailed me, but said she would let me know the details very soon.

I saw a notice about this pain support group at my physical
    therapist's office and it was all good. The receptionst said it was an excellent group of fun people who just happen to live with chronic pain every day. Kathy, herself, has fibromyalgia, cfs, and a host of other problems.

If interested please e-mail me. Maybe we could arrange to meet around the same time and go in. I don't know if it is appropriate to post my e-mail address, but it should be on my profile. If not, I'll look forward to seeing another message from you regarding this and see how we can communicate more on it.

Take Care,

Sheila