SUPPORT GROUP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vickie79, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Vickie79

Vickie79 New Member

IS THERE ANY ONE IN WEST VIRGINIA WHO KNOW ABOUT A SUPPORT GROUP IN THE CHARLESTON AREA I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THANK YOU
  2. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Vickie,
    I don't know of a support group in your area, but I would like to share a word of warning.,
    Pleas be very careful about choosing the one you join. Sometimes support groups become pressure groups, with people telling you what you shoud do, withoout any knowledge of you or your circumstances. I was in such a group, and it was horrible. I finally left it, when their observations became just too rediculous and ignorant.

Good luck,
    Terry
  3. Vickie79

Vickie79 New Member

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLYS I WILL BE CAREFUL CHOOSING A GROUP AGAIN THANK YOU VERY MUCH
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

Hi Vickie, I don't know about any in your area but I would like to add 2 cents if I may. I belong to a FM support group that is very good but I haven't gone in a while because its over an hour away and I been sick (FM and Crohns also)

Be careful of the hospital groups. Its better to meet at somebody's home or a restaurant or something like that, that way you can vent about doctors or medical treatments if you want. Sometimes if you say stuff in the hospital you be surprised how fast it gets back to the doctors.

The one I go to is at a woman's house and it is very upbeat and supportive. However some of these groups can turn into pitty parties and like another poster here put it a lot of people can get very bossy in telling you what to do. I like my group and I wish it was closer to me.

Good luck and ((((Hugs))))) to you.

Michelle
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

as I live in Michigan. Just a suggestion, though, you might want to post this again and in your title ask for a support group in the Charleston area. You might get more responses that way.

Ellen
  6. Vickie79

Vickie79 New Member

Is there a support group in the Charleston West Virginia area I would like to know I also really need one Thank you for the replys