support groups in indy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by harrahslady, Jul 21, 2003.

1. harrahslady

harrahslady New Member

Hi Everyone, I was hoping that someone could goive me information on a support group in indianapolis. does anyone know of one? if so, where is it and when do they meet? any help would be appreciated! Thanks
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I just posted regarding Doctors in the Indiana area. If I remember, Annette2 lives in the Indy area and had mentioned a great support group. I'd be intersted also, even though I live in the Ft.Wayne area. I see Dr. Smith (Douglas) in Indy.

Hope this helps!

Kim
  3. Cindy

Cindy New Member

Hello Ladies-

Sorry that I can not help on the support group in Indy but I wanted to say hello and welcome to the board! I live north of Indianapolis about an hour an a half.

Maybe you could check in the phone book to see if there are any support groups locally, or perhaps call hospitals,chiros,massage thearpists in your area, surely the size of Indy there has to be a support group! Good Luck!

With much love,
    Cindy

4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Just looking for more feedback on this~

Kim
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Harrahslady, welcome to the board. If you will go to the 'Home' page, they do have a listing for support groups by states.

Hope this helps.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. harrahslady

harrahslady New Member

Hello! Thanks to all that answered . I live right by shadeland so that would be great! will call her thanks! I have been really depressed lately and it's good to know I have this board and people that understand what I'm going thru. again than you all!
  7. marushka80

marushka80 New Member

I'm from the Bloomington area in Indiana, and one good way to find a support group is to contact your local hospital to see if they have established one or know of any in the area. Another way to is to contact your city website or the local library can help locate one for you. Hope this helps and isn't it great to know that we are not alone out here! Misery truly does love company and this site is the best!!
    Mary
  8. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Hi. There is a support group in Indy at St. Vincent's Hospital on 86th Street. It is not hospital-sponsored but is wonderful! There is a meeting tomorrow (Tuesday, 8/26) night at 6:30 p.m. Go to the main entrance and down the stairs to the Cafeteria, and down the hall on the right. There is a sign on the door. They meet twice a month on Tuesday nights. I hope you can make it.

Annette2

P.S. - I used to go to the one on Shadeland - it was affiliated with Community North. I'm not sure it meets any more but try calling that woman anyway. [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2003]
  9. Annette2

Annette2 New Member