Support Groups??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Jul 31, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Has or does anyone use support groups to cope with this disease?? I was looking around on here and found one in my area...

I'm still looking around to find a doctor who takes FM serious. The last one that says he did put me on steriods... I saw him 3 times and never will go back to him.

Sorry for going off topic but figured I might get some leads from a support group.
  2. cczub

cczub New Member

Thanks Nancy.. I looked it up and found one very close to me. THe one for NY/NJ is a bit of a drive. I already left a message for the one near me. I'm will to try anything right now!
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Just wanted to say that it's worth looking until you find one. I got some excellent doctor/chiro/therapist, etc. referrals from our local group----also a good way to find out not only who's GOOD, but who to AVOID like the plague.

Even if you aren't a "joiner" type, at least go a few times to get these leads. I ultimately stopped going, the members were very nice, but the meetings were Saturday late mornings, when I'm usually doing family things. But it was definitely worth it to go & get referrals, something members are usually very willing to share, The group also had a few great speakers, too, every month or so.

So keep looking in your area...good luck!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. cczub

cczub New Member

I called and left a message yesterday... It's very tough finding a doctor who will treat you not just push some meds on you and say come back in a month....

Yesterday stunk and today is NO better... Actually a little worse...